Water Tank - internal or external?

Can you tell more about that tank? Where is it mounted and where did you get it from?
I've looked into so many tanks, but none of them fit under my VW T6, because of my configuration :(

It’s mounted on the right side front to back.

@BiTurbo : I assume, you got the tank there where I have the air auxiliary heating or then there where I have the tubing for the passenger air conditioning. I saw two tanks that go along the left support but unfortunatly both do not fit because of my configuration, again :thumbsdown:

@DXX : Is that the tank that goes in that spot where I have the differential gear for the 4Motion? Again, my config :thumbsdown:

I could cry, there are so many options for underslung tanks but none of them fit. I see two options for such a tank for my car: One is in the sparewheel (about 24L) and the otherone is left of the spare wheel, there I have a lot of space for about 40L. Anyone any better idea? Can someone recommend me a better option?

Tank you guys :)

ecowagon wrote about a 72L external tank next to the exhaust. He closed his account. Anyone knows anything about that?

@BiTurbo : I assume, you got the tank there where I have the air auxiliary heating or then there where I have the tubing for the passenger air conditioning. I saw two tanks that go along the left support but unfortunatly both do not fit because of my configuration, again :thumbsdown:

@DXX : Is that the tank that goes in that spot where I have the differential gear for the 4Motion? Again, my config :thumbsdown:

I could cry, there are so many options for underslung tanks but none of them fit. I see two options for such a tank for my car: One is in the sparewheel (about 24L) and the otherone is left of the spare wheel, there I have a lot of space for about 40L. Anyone any better idea? Can someone recommend me a better option?

Tank you guys :)
Does it have to be external.. I have an internal one that sits inside the fixed sliding door panel(behind driver).

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Thank you for the input Fish, but that one does not work. I removed the side cover and then figured out that the water tank from Reimo for the side wall behind the driver does NOT fit in Multivans and Calivornia Beachs. Or you destroy the side cover :( The problem is that the side cover from those cars has holders for bottles or cups. This holder are far too much into the side wall and there is no space for the tank anymore. :(

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Thank you for the input Fish, but that one does not work. I removed the side cover and then figured out that the water tank from Reimo for the side wall behind the driver does NOT fit in Multivans and Calivornia Beachs. Or you destroy the side cover :( The problem is that the side cover from those cars has holders for bottles or cups. This holder are far too much into the side wall and there is no space for the tank anymore. :(
Interesting.. have one any picys of said panel pls?.

The pics are not the best. But you can see the backside of the side cover and the holders which reaches to far into the side wall to mount the tank there.

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

IMG_4623.JPG

Ah, can you not change the panel?. So a simpler one..?. From a different variant.. colours will match etc just be a flat.. lose abit(pockets) but gain a tank n pump space..

Hm, got question. I never looked into that. But I also cannot imagine that there are various side covers from VW available. If I cannot find any solution for that under slung or side wall tank, I have to build the tank my self :(

Does it have to be external.. I have an internal one that sits inside the fixed sliding door panel(behind driver).

Any pics or info @Fish ? Never heard of these. I can oly find limited info in German!

Leisure parts UK sell them in a kit form.
Basicly 27ltr.
1 x inlet
1 x overflow
1 x outlet
1 x drain point.
Take 1hr to fit..

Leisure Parts UK (ask for Steve).

Miriad do a 57 lt tank (made by Amber Plastics) for the T6 (as fitted by Hillside to their Birchover Vans). We have this, teamed up with a Shurflow Trailking 20PSi 7Lt pump. No complaints. Plenty of pressure to run the external shower point.

https://www.miriad-products.com/t5-t6-converters-catalogue/VW_T5-6_Converters_Catalogue.pdf
I'd always thought my Birchover's water tank was 72l but it definitely looks like the Amber Plastics A353 in the link you posted - wonder if they have reduced the size to accommodate a waste water tank (now part of NCC specification) on the other side of the van??

Back