Water Pressure

hi filled the underfloor fresh water tank up turned the tap on but it just trickles out. you can her the pump start tried to prime the pump in a bucket but still no change. I have replaced the pump for a hi Flo whale pump tried it in a bucket still connected to the water pipe but still no change its only one cold water tap with a micro switch ANY SUGGESTION PLEASE many thanks

hi filled the underfloor fresh water tank up turned the tap on but it just trickles out. you can her the pump start tried to prime the pump in a bucket but still no change. I have replaced the pump for a hi Flo whale pump tried it in a bucket still connected to the water pipe but still no change its only one cold water tap with a micro switch ANY SUGGESTION PLEASE many thanks
I have cleaned the little filter in the tap

Just try this, turn off the power to the pump, turn the tap on, put your mouth around the spout and blow, keep blowing until you can hear air bubbles in the holding tank.
If you can hear the bubbles then you know the pipe is not blocked. If when you are blowing you can not hear anything or the resistance is high then suspect a blocked or partially blocked pipe.
Is the water level dropping when the pump is running? If so you could have a split pipe and the water will be spurting out somewhere along its length.

Just try this, turn off the power to the pump, turn the tap on, put your mouth around the spout and blow, keep blowing until you can hear air bubbles in the holding tank.
If you can hear the bubbles then you know the pipe is not blocked. If when you are blowing you can not hear anything or the resistance is high then suspect a blocked or partially blocked pipe.
Is the water level dropping when the pump is running? If so you could have a split pipe and the water will be spurting out somewhere along its length.
hi yes tried this already it don't blow through easy there is a resistance and when I had the pump in a bucket but still connected to the water supply the water didn't go down

Well it sounds as if the pipe is blocked somewhere, all you can do is try to follow it along it’s length to check it hasn’t got ‘kinked’ somewhere. Other than that I’m afraid I’m out of ideas other than to blow as hard as you can to try and clear.
Sorry and hope you manage to get sorted, bit of a nightmare as I guess the pipe runs behind all the units.

Well it sounds as if the pipe is blocked somewhere, all you can do is try to follow it along it’s length to check it hasn’t got ‘kinked’ somewhere. Other than that I’m afraid I’m out of ideas other than to blow as hard as you can to try and clear.
Sorry and hope you manage to get sorted, bit of a nightmare as I guess the pipe runs behind all the units.
thanks for your ideas can't see the pipe. so tomorrow I think I will get a big towel and take the filter out of the tap and take the pump off and put a hose pipe on the opened tap and see what happens thanks again for your help

It might be better if you lift the sink out of the unit, undo the connection to the tap and just check if the tap is ok by blowing through it from the pipe end.
It will also be easier to connect the hose to the pipe rather than the spout if the blockage is in the pipe.
You will find the screws that fix the sink under the little rubber tabs that the glass lid sits on.

It might be better if you lift the sink out of the unit, undo the connection to the tap and just check if the tap is ok by blowing through it from the pipe end.
It will also be easier to connect the hose to the pipe rather than the spout if the blockage is in the pipe.
You will find the screws that fix the sink under the little rubber tabs that the glass lid sits on.
ok thanks I will try that

Could also be that the tap isn't opening fully when you lift it up? Or someone has had it apart and put a washer back incorrectly and restricting flow.

My old Merc bus conversion gets an airlock in the pump if it has run dry and the only way to clear it is to put a hose on the tap and suck the air out whilst running the pump. ( Makes you keep a check on the water level in the tank!)

Back