Water Ingress In The Rear

CF75C326-9485-4AAC-AC46-BCBAAF5D0FA5.jpeg
Just going to jump on the end of this thread. The picture shows water sitting both in the tailgate seal and soaked into the lining carpet on the near side. I only noticed it today but it has clearly been going on for a while as the ply lining floor is soaked through. This is happening in both corners of the tailgate.

I’ve pulled away the seal to find a kind of congealed paste both inside the seal and in the metal. Is this likely to be old seam sealer? Is it worth taking time to scrape all this off and apply fresh, or should I just get a whole new seal?

View attachment 104624
Just going to jump on the end of this thread. The picture shows water sitting both in the tailgate seal and soaked into the lining carpet on the near side. I only noticed it today but it has clearly been going on for a while as the ply lining floor is soaked through. This is happening in both corners of the tailgate.

I’ve pulled away the seal to find a kind of congealed paste both inside the seal and in the metal. Is this likely to be old seam sealer? Is it worth taking time to scrape all this off and apply fresh, or should I just get a whole new seal?
Hi had the same issue, after carpeting the rear and taking seal off. No need to buy a new seal. Just open it up as much as possibleand clean it out. Make sure your carpet is not protruding onto the external edge of the seal panel. Get a tube of tiger seal and slowly pump it into the middle of the seal whilst putting the seal on about 3ft at a time. Check any blockages in drainage channel too.

Hi had the same issue, after carpeting the rear and taking seal off. No need to buy a new seal. Just open it up as much as possibleand clean it out. Make sure your carpet is not protruding onto the external edge of the seal panel. Get a tube of tiger seal and slowly pump it into the middle of the seal whilst putting the seal on about 3ft at a time. Check any blockages in drainage channel too.
Cheers Paul - I’ll give that a crack!

Back