Washer Wiper Woes [Resolved]

hip99

Team Blackberry
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Odd issue - front windscreen wipers don’t work from the stalk, but work fine on auto sensing. Windscreen wash doesn’t work for front and rear (replaced fuse and pump).
Any ideas of anything else to check before booking it in?
Many thanks

Have you had a code read? Removed the battery negative for a few mins and tried again?

Bonnet switch? I recall if the bonnet isn’t closed properly they don’t function on the manual settings

Bonnet switch? I recall if the bonnet isn’t closed properly they don’t function on the manual settings
Good point worth checking.

I’d assume that the MFD would show that as open all the time if it was faulty.

thanks both - bonnet switch seems to be working fine (MFD says it's open when it's open!). Also tried disconnecting the battery for half an hour - still the same. I've not had the van long, how do you go about getting a code read?

If you have someone nearby with VCDS they may be willing to help. There’s a map showing locations of VCDS users nearby on here.

Carista is about £15 and should help. Available on Amazon and the like.

Also, you’ll need to reset your window end stops on the one touch down and up by winding them down and then back up and holding them in the fully closed position for half a sec or so.

Carista arrived today - easy to set up. A couple of random errors on it related to tyre pressure etc which reset ok. Nothing related to the washer / wiper though. I give up

Well, whadayaknow, after getting it all booked in for diagnostics next week, today it decides it wants to work after all! What changed? I removed the rusted on side bar brackets, fitted a missing mud flap, sound deadened and insulated the off-side sliding door and tailgate, and took off the limo tint on the windows. Surely no correlation ?? :)

Well, whadayaknow, after getting it all booked in for diagnostics next week, today it decides it wants to work after all! What changed? I removed the rusted on side bar brackets, fitted a missing mud flap, sound deadened and insulated the off-side sliding door and tailgate, and took off the limo tint on the windows. Surely no correlation ?? :)
Must have been the mud flap sensor!!!

Have problems with wipers not working at all, no wiper/screen wash.

Have checked all the fuses and cant see any blown.

Has anyone any ideas what it could be and which fuse box to concentrate on.

Many thanks
Tommy

have a look at @Loz guide of the SC fusebox.

1647015459031.png

take a pic of your lower dash fuse box and post it here.

anything else not working?

did the wipers work before?

Have problems with wipers not working at all, no wiper/screen wash.

Have checked all the fuses and cant see any blown.

Has anyone any ideas what it could be and which fuse box to concentrate on.

Many thanks
Tommy
Does the auto-sensing wiper function still work?

Is your bonnet closed?

Reactions: Loz
So I had an issue a few months back where the front wipers and washers didn’t work from the stalk. Auto sensing works fine. The rear one works when the front or rear washers are pulled.

Tried lots at the time, and then it just started working again, until the other day.

Wash pump changed, checked for air locks, bonnet catch working, Carista says nothing, fuses all ok.

Every so often after a long time switched off, it will do a single wipe of the front, a tiny dribble of wash jet, and then nothing.

Help please!!

VCDS will help here, you can do output tests to prove pump/wipers and monitor input actions etc so you can see if the stalk input signals are making it to the BCM

VCDS will help here, you can do output tests to prove pump/wipers and monitor input actions etc so you can see if the stalk input signals are making it to the BCM
Thanks Pauly - I’ve not used VCDS before - is the map still around?

Sadly not, try a post with your location and see if anyone local can help

Odd issue - front windscreen wipers don’t work from the stalk, but work fine on auto sensing. Windscreen wash doesn’t work for front and rear (replaced fuse and pump).
Any ideas of anything else to check before booking it in?
Many thanks
Where is the fuse ? I've tried to find it on here but cant?

Back