T5.1 Washer Bottle Pump Motor Fuse Location And Rating Please

Eddie J 666

Hello ALL,

Annoying Newbie saying Hi and asking his first, probably, already answered elsewhere question ! Sorry in advance if someone has covered this before but I am not very tech savy and couldn't find anything ?

OK so what I am looking for is the location and rating of the fuse that protects the windscreen washer water bottle pump motor. My window washer is inopperative and silent so I am thinking Fuse, Broken Wire or Failed Motor and had originally thought the fuse would be the easiest place to start and the most likely culprit since EVERYTHING worked perfectly yesterday and today NOT !

I was under the impression the fuse was a 7.5A fitted in the box under the bonnet by the battery and was keen to get at it after watching a video of how to do it and thinking "Yes that looks easy" Well it was BUT there was no 7.5A fuse in the position I saw in the Video.

On revisiting the video I see it was for a T5 "Aha I think" but then cannot even find a single post or video about T32 which is what I have. SO Heeeeeeeelp ! :) Please !

For info purposes my vehicle is a 63plate Transporter T32 kombi Hi-line Van latest logo's  (4).jpg

Thanks

Eddie J 666

Yours is a T5 - just bear that in mind when looking for answers.

T5 or T6 designates the model age (T6 after about 2016, T5 before that)
T32 designates the carrying capacity.

Pete

Hi Pete, Thanks for that info, I wasn't aware of that. The video I saw online clearly showed a T5 but the configuration of the fuses in the box shown was different so I was unable to track which fuse to inspect. That said I checked ALL of fuses in that particular box and some in the box below the gear stick and found none blown which is when I gave up and came here. Should I have gone to a T5 forum instead ?
I chose this one as when I searched for T32 it was listed top. I really hope someone will have experienced this issue on here as my MOT failure is hanging on it and with the lock down situation I can't afford to drive with no MOT and Tax ! If it isn't a fuse obviously I might just need to book it in BUT I do feel confident that if I can locate which fuse I am looking for it should be easy to sort from there. I fix domestic appliances so it won't be much different but without a diagram or any schematics or a legend to refer to I am guessing AND there is more than likely another 1 if not more fuse boards that I am unaware of yet ? My handbook is less than useless so I'm at the mercy of more knowledgable folks like yourself to take pity on a nebie :)

There are loads of T5 and ex T5 owners here. Someone will be along soon.

Pete

Thanks guys BUT according to the info I have veiwed it requires medical and scientific knowledge beyond my skill set just to even look atthe pump let alone remove it for inspection ? Anyone with quick fix ideas please shout up as I am F***** without the vehicle and can not work. If I could just illiminate the fuse it might be a help but so far not found any blown but do not catagorically know if I am looking in the right place ?

OK update, I tracked the diagrams and found I could relatively easily access the motor from within the wheel arch cover so disconnected and tested..... Motor knackt ! Got new one fitted it #chuffed Re-test at 4 back on the road and able to work again..... UNTILL ??? Who knows what might happen ? Thanks for the assistance :)

Back