Lowering suspension and warranty concerns

Samgough

T6 Pro
Hey guys I want to lowering my t6 by 30mm. just had a quote back from vw for £500 inc vat for lowering and wheel alignment.
My local garage has quoted me £350 for the same.......
what do I do? Will something horrendous go wrong with my suspension further down the line? Does it just cancel the warranty of the suspension or the whole van?
Then again £150 is nothing to pay if you value the warranty...
Cheers

Warranty seems to be a complex issue.
Some people will go with VW parts and VW labour to avoid any possible issues. Others will happily fit aftermarket parts and use aftermarket garages and will just run the risk or argue the point if they get a warranty dispute.

If you are fitting proper 30mm springs (VW approved Eibach) it doesnt matter who fits them as long as its done correctly

As Pauly says, if VW can quote for the lowering, then it is an acceptable modification to them. Therefore subject to fitting 30mm Eibach springs, then there is no warranty issue.
As many people have commented over various threads, the warranty is a complex beast. VW have to prove that modifications you have carried out has directly caused the failure. Therefore if you had a fault with your fan belt, they may well start off the arguement with "you've modified it by lowering it therefore we will not cover it under warranty" your come back is "prove how a change ride right is a contributory factor in this fan belt problem". They won't be able to. It is merely their attempt at mitigating their own costs, because somebpeople will not challenge back.

Hi. If you use non-original suspension,you can lose warranty on chassis.
PR-Number shows which suspension go on car. Must use only suspension from with number from ETKA! Lowering its not allowed.

Back