Warranty Expiry Question

Hi all, advice please. Noticed oil leak this a/m from T6 ( spotting on driveway). Been advised by mechanic friend to have it checked by VW re warranty repair. However......as Sod’s law would have it warranty expires tomorrow 23rd. My query is does it expire at midnight tomorrow (23rd) or will they say this occurred at midnight tonight (22nd) ? Hope that made sense. Your advice is much appreciated.

You would expect it to be midnight on the last calendar day of the warranty period.

However get it booked in asap as they may well offer you some goodwill gesture due to being so close to the end of Warranty...... mention that if they say the work will be chargeable.

It may take some time to get a booking..... or you might get one straight away..... (current situation accounted for)

If you rang VW Assist today - ie: whilst still in warranty - then I’d like to think that because you’ve brought the issue to their attention whilst it’s still covered, any work done is therefore covered? I mean, if the VW Assist can actually comes out then that’s one thing, but as for them diagnosing and rectifying they problem today... I’d imagine it’ll get booked in as a warranty inspection and repair as you are (just) within the warranty period.

What do you reckon @Dellmassive?

If you rang VW Assist today - ie: whilst still in warranty - then I’d like to think that because you’ve brought the issue to their attention whilst it’s still covered, any work done is therefore covered? I mean, if the VW Assist can actually comes out then that’s one thing, but as for them diagnosing and rectifying they problem today... I’d imagine it’ll get booked in as a warranty inspection and repair as you are (just) within the warranty period.

What do you reckon @Dellmassive?
Good call.

Not exactly a breakdown or drivability concern......

But even if they wont come out for an oil leak it should be logged on the system during warranty for the next step....

Worth calling them up and see what they say about a callout for an oil leak..... report back here.

It will be interesting to see there response.

Hi, customer care closed till tomorrow. Not sure about ringing the 24 hr Roadside Assistance team as you say not a drive ability issue. As I should still be in Warranty till midnight tomorrow I shall go to VW tomorrow a/m as planned. I will keep you updated. Thanks again

Can’t you report the issue and book it in on line today? If not, email the service department?

Hi Wills, following your advice I have e-mailed the service department informing them of the situation and that I will be calling in tomorrow to discuss further.
Many thanks

I had the same situation with my Volvo and there was no quibble.
You could add you’ve been distracted / delayed reporting by the current grave situation we’re all in.

Back