Warranty Battery??

foxpod

Hi all
Maybe a silly question but is the battery covered under the 3 year warranty ?
Van is two years old and battery seems to be knackered
Ta
Marc.

Have a look and see if it’s a MOLL battery. Search on here. They are being changed under warranty

Hi Mate,
thanks for the reply,yes its a Moll battery.
Just keeps going flat,carrying around a spare leisure battery and leads as she dont like starting some days...
Very annoying

Call VW assistance :thumbsup:

Our van is 2 1/2 years old and it started having issues with warning lights on the dash, coil light came on, something to do with the stop start, brakes error workshop and the battery basically died on us. Had to jump start it twice. Booked it in with our local VW garage and they supplied a new battery under warranty. No issues since.

My T6 panel van is 3 years old in December, when it was last serviced by Robinsons at Norwich they said that the battery was not holding a full charge and replaced it under warranty so yes they should.
Good guys at Norwich.

The battery in my T6 150PS is a 70Ah MOLL battery and I don't believe that it holds a charge as well as it ought, even for a van that's not used that much. I was going to talk with the VW service centre about it the next time that I was in there as I didn't really want to make a special trip. I also have it in the back of my mind that they will automatically blame the 'camper electrics' for putting an extra drain on the starter battery which it shouldn't and I don't believe is the case but can't prove it! As I said above, the van is not used that much and I therefore tend to leave it on a permanent trickle charge when parked. Maybe I need to leave it off charge and force the issue. That said, any work on the van, inc. potential warranty work, is now a real pain in the 4rse as my nearest van centre (Cheltenham) is closing. The next closest one is a 65 mile round trip.

@Ayjay get VW Assistance out to check the battery when "it didn't start today"o_O, my Moll was poop and replaced on the driveway here despite the local Vindis dealer being 1 mile away, mine's a camper conversion too and apart from listening to the car radio for ten minute bursts the leisure battery and hook up handles anything camping related.

Mine failed to start on monday , charted overnight, and have it booked in on Friday under warranty Moll battery again

Mine went in yesterday for the said Faulty Moll battery,got it back today new Varta battery under Warranty and they washed the van as well ! Result..Ha ha...
Gave me a courtesy van also so was all good.
Impressed with the service...Thumbs up from me.

good stuff ,mine has failed to start twice after a weekend left unused, so hopefully I will get a replacement today

Back