Warning light on dash. Tyre pressure low.

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
How are my tyre pressures monitored ?
The valves look normal but sure enough, with a puncture in the front drivers side, it threw a warning.
I don’t have numbers anywhere to tell me the pressures, just a warning light.

Indirect tpms. All done via the abs module comparing the rotational speed of each wheel compared to all the others. When a wheel has a flat it’s circumference decreases and therefore it’s rotational speed increases

That’s what my son said !
Clever blighter. Takes after his dad
Thanks, I’ll now find out what’s in the tyre.

is there anyway to get rid of the warning message once all tyres are at the correct pressure ?

Reset the tyre pressure via the MFD menu.

My older van i had it as a factory option.... it come with a dash button that you pressed to reset.

New way much better.

Hi all, my T6.1 highline doesn't have this option at all? Looked into the settings on my MFD and only options in the tyre setting is "winter tyre speed". Am I missing something? How do you set/confirm the new pressure once you pump the tyres?

Hi all, my T6.1 highline doesn't have this option at all? Looked into the settings on my MFD and only options in the tyre setting is "winter tyre speed". Am I missing something? How do you set/confirm the new pressure once you pump the tyres?
Did you spec TPMS when ordering, it was an option.

So in this instance, it means that my van doesn't have a tyre pressure monitor at all then.

So in this instance, it means that my van doesn't have a tyre pressure monitor at all then.
I enabled tpms on my T6 using VCDS. It was pretty straightforward. Don’t know if it’s the same/possible for a T6.1
I’m sure someone will know.

I fitted the reset button and configured it on my previous T5.1. Fitting the button and wiring it in plus the illumination for the button was a bit of a fiddle but quite within a good DIYer. If anyone decides to do it be aware that there are two different buttons, one for RHD and one for LHD both perfectly possible on a RHD. From that you can guess who made the mistake and ordered the LHD one for his RHD vehicle. :D

Unfortunately its not, im sure it will be possible but no one has documented it yet
It must be there somewhere, I’m really surprised no one has found it yet.
Hmm i wonder if i went to VW and asked them to switch it on how much it would cost if they could. Before and after scans might show it up?

Reactions: mmi
Back