VW wrong seat layout.....

KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
So got my new Van the other day. Wrong seat layout in the front! I asked for a double passenger seat in the front and paid for it on my invoice. VW show room were sweet as and said 'no problem, we will change it'.

BUT! the salesman (not VW) is trying to reimburse me the cost of what would be a double seat. I'm raging. I'm not accepting a reimbursement. I want the double front passenger seat. (I have a large family!) I have paid for the double seat on the invoice. It's there in black and white. The salesman is saying that because my signature is on the hand written order form it is partly my fault and I should of told the salesman that he double seat was missing off the order form. If so, why is the double seat on my invoice and I've paid for it??

Where do I stand with this?

Escalate to dealer principal and formally reject the vehicle.
That will get their attention.

Stand your ground, it's their mess and you've paid for the double - its not a massive job for them to sort out.
And let them know if they want to sell the single, I and many others would be interested in buying it!

Customer is always right, especially when you have it on an invoice that has been paid.. Its then up to them to check that they are supplying what they have taken money for.....

Your right though when my three zone air con was left off they admitted it was their fault, I could not be bothered waiting another six months for a van

Back