[Guide] Underside Engine Cover + Fitting Kit -- How I Done It --

Hi @Dellmassive Just wanted to follow up on your experience with the engine under tray now that you have had it on for a few months. Has it been OK? Any issues with this particular one from Poland?

Cheers.

Hi @Dellmassive Just wanted to follow up on your experience with the engine under tray now that you have had it on for a few months. Has it been OK? Any issues with this particular one from Poland?

Cheers.
I can’t speak for others but I bought mine from the same place and it’s still on, over a year later :cool:

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Glad to see people emotionally attached to their under trays! :rofl: :whistle:

Fitted this to our van this weekend. As mentioned elsewhere, very simple to fit, even without the van raised. I would recommend getting some oil into the threads that the bolts screw into in advance, as not surprisingly, they can get filled with crud etc. I also got plenty of grease in there to make sure the bolts come out easily for an oil change.

Pete

Received mine from the 'bay this week. Fits like OEM. I'm astonished they don't come as standard. Every new car for the past decade has undertrays - even my old mum's Chevy Matiz !

Ten minute job to fit. I chased the captive nuts out with a tap. I can just imagine those coming loose in the subframe in years to come, and having to drill them out. Some copaslip on the bolts too.

tray 1.jpg

tray 2.jpg

Mines been
Out of interest has anyone put theirs into VW for a service with it on?
Mines been in for its 1st oil service....

1st real service coming soon....

Be interesting to see the report video they email too you.....

They should remove the cover for the full inspection.

Interestingly VW say that the premature failure of the Auxiliary drive belt and tensioner are down to dust and grit getting up in around them. VW's solution is £300+ of smaller shields that fit either side. :sneaky:

I will stick to the ~£57 full undertray which is also now fitted. :thumbsup:
Dunno if I got lucky, but my van came complete with full underbody trays from the factory. I’d assumed it was standard fitment.

Out of interest has anyone put theirs into VW for a service with it on?

Mine was in recently for warranty work on the tensioner. Oh the irony.

I left the cover on, they must have had it off for the work. I checked it had been replaced with all of the bolts when I got back home. All good apart from a small patch of oil on the inside and on the bottom of the bell housing has appeared since I bought the van. From other threads this looks like oil through the DMF bolts issue...:(

Van went in for service yesterday and they took the tray off to change oil. Found a leaking oil seal so replaced it under the warranty. Van gone out for test drive then they will fit that tray back once checked all is ok. Never noticed the oil leak but I guess that was because the tray caught it.

Back