[Guide] Underside Engine Cover + Fitting Kit -- How I Done It --

That was my initial thoughts - however, began wondering about the heat and the exposure to oil and/or petrol etc etc

just come accross this. . . .

1679595476920.png

so #3 is part of #1

1679595531841.png

and what is #5 !!!

1679595567644.png

++++++++++++++

1679595599856.png

#5 in OEM under cover is a plastic clip that hangs the rear end of the cover while bolts are not in.

To remove the cover, you can just unbolt and the cover will hang by the bumper from front and the clip from rear so it doesn’t need additional support.

Same when attaching, you just place cover on top of bumper and push it to the clip. Then you can attach bolts with both hands free for the job.

Just when I thought I didn't need anything else for my van! :whistle:
Ordered from the UK eBay seller in Peterborough.
Quick question.... Did anyone else that's fitted one bother to clean the underside beforehand? I'm not sure it's really necessary but something in me is thinking I might......I don't know. :laugh:

Just when I thought I didn't need anything else for my van! :whistle:
Ordered from the UK eBay seller in Peterborough.
Quick question.... Did anyone else that's fitted one bother to clean the underside beforehand? I'm not sure it's really necessary but something in me is thinking I might......I don't know. :laugh:
It will bug you forever if you don’t.

@Lumbo. You will also see how much dirt it keeps off the next time it gets removed! Just make sure that you put some copper slip (or whatever) on the bolts.

Last edited:
Back