Vw Tiguan help! Electrics not working whole nearside

david173

2017 T6 150PS SWB Kombi, work in progress...
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Took our tiguan our for a drive as not used it in 9 weeks due to lockdown. Started perfectly which was good as i was concerned it might need a jump.
Anyhow the passenger front and rear doors wont unlock on fob, internal lock button or from the inside. The windows wont work either and the electric mirror adjust, tried them all from the driver controls and on the door. Anyone have any ideas? Would be much appreciated thanks!!

I wonder if there was a huge voltage drop when engine started and BCM had an undervoltage moment. Check battery voltage charging and whilst engine off. May be voltage ( battery) related.

Thanks for your reply. I'm kind of hoping it is that, as it doesn't involve replacing parts or searching for wires! Searching on other forums some people have suggest that could be the cause as being left for a long period is the only change since before it was working fine!
As its both the front and back doors I don't think it could be a fault in the doors themselves as for both to go at the same time would be really unlikely, plus a fault with the door lock module would affect locking only and in my case the windows, and electric mirror adjustment isnt working.

my next step is to go for a good run to charge the batter and check the fuses incase one went with the fluctuating voltage as you say.

One thing I found online, was someone mentioned that all the elements I described can also be controlled from the switches on the driver door and could be an issue in the electrics there?

Back