Vw T6 Tsi Engine Idle Speed.

Stuthewarrior

VIP Member
Hello,

I have got a VW T6 TSI and the idle speed on the engine is 900rpm is this normal ? It just seams abit high to me.
Can anyone shed any light on it ?

Cheers
Stuart

Haven't got a TSI but,

The engine speed is ECU controlled depending on engine temp and load etc.

You would expect a tick over rpm between 600 and 900. ( controlled via the idle air control valve)

Maybe above 1000 at first start and cold.

So what's it like when engine warm? 90C on temp gauge.

Requested and actual rpm data can be seen via vcds or similar scanners

Hi,

It's 900 when it is up to temp just seemed hight to me so I thought I would ask : ) if anyone has the data to say if thats correct.

Cheers
Stu

Yeh sounds high for off load tick over.

Let's see what another TSI owner reports.

Possible vacume leak or sticky IAV...

You need a s scanner to check for for codes and data pids to go further.

Hi,

It's 900 when it is up to temp just seemed hight to me so I thought I would ask : ) if anyone has the data to say if thats correct.

Cheers
Stu
A few weeks ago I had a VCDS session on MY19 Skoda 2.0 TSI and that was idling steadily at 795 rpm.
Does Owner's Manual mention Particulate Filter? I don't know about petrol T6 but VAG has been equipping also direct injection petrol engines with particulate filters for some time now. The particulate filter regeneration probably would raise idling speed also on petrol engines.
---> Volkswagen Group to fit particulate filters to all petrol engines from 2017 | Autocar
---> VAG SSP 558 - Close-coupled Petrol Particulate Filter - Pdf Online Download

Back