Vw T6 Startline 12v On Top Of Dash

JDL

Hi All

first, post so sorry if I get all this a bit wrong.

Just bought my first VW Van. It's a T6 Startline nowt smart (well I think it is but ...)

It doesn't have a 12v on top of the dash. I wanted to ask would it be possible to fit one without a degree in VW electrical engineering?

any help much appreciated.

best

Justin

Hi Justin,

I'm needing the same on my new T6 startline. Surprised no replies here, did you manage to get any further with this issue? One thing to note is that when I asked my camper van converter (Danbury) about retro fitting the socket on top of the dash they were reluctant as they claimed it would invalidate the 3 year VW new vehicle warranty (i.e. not the conversion warranty).

best

Paul

An easy MOD if you have the blank space where it would normally go. (can you post a pic?)

drill/cut out the hole to correct size,
Procure 12v socket with lid from shop/Pauly/VW/other
Procure proper cable and correct fuses (say 10amp fuse and 15amp cable)
No leisure battery - run cable to under/mid dash fusebox and fit new fuse pin or fuse buddy.
With leisure battery - run cable to leisure battery under seat with cable/fuses as above.
Basic electrical knowledge, common sense and electrical safety are required. (if you dont know what your doing get someone who does to help you)

there are some pics of my (factory fitted) dash top 12v socket (with leisure battery) over here >>

12v Aux Feed + 5xusb Charging From Aux Battery - Today's Install

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

Last edited:
Back