VW T6 Sportscraft handbrake lowering kit

IainMcG

Hi All,

Needing some help.

Has anyone fitted a sportscraft hand brake lowering kit? I have attached the bracket to the handbrake but when I put it back on the rear bolt fowls on the seat base.

Am I doing something stupid? I have taken a photo. It won’t go in because of that rear bolt

Any help much appreciated. It should be a simple job

66C30045-2921-4D08-B0C7-A2A8A344E66F.jpeg

I have the Sportscraft swivels as well. The lowering bracket isn't the best hence why a lot of people get the original bracket welded back on lower down as it's a lot sturdier. From memory I did have to move the bracket around on the slots to make it work.
Looking at the photo it seems further forward than mine. My handbrake switch is hard up against the bracket for the cover.

@IainMcG I've just had this same problem today in my T6 Caravelle.

I found some M8 bolts left over from another project and was able to use a short bolt instead of the back Allen bolt. I had to ditch the washer because that made it too tall to fit under the original handbrake mount. I found some low profile M8x16mm hex bolts on Amazon which I was going to order if I couldn’t MacGyver something today.

I also fitted the Rare Spares handbrake extender which works a treat.

How did you resolve your issue?

@IainMcG I've just had this same problem today in my T6 Caravelle.

I found some M8 bolts left over from another project and was able to use a short bolt instead of the back Allen bolt. I had to ditch the washer because that made it too tall to fit under the original handbrake mount. I found some low profile M8x16mm hex bolts on Amazon which I was going to order if I couldn’t MacGyver something today.

I also fitted the Rare Spares handbrake extender which works a treat.

How did you resolve your issue?eac
Do you have any photos of the hand break extender fitted as think this might be just what may wife needs when driving as she has to reach down a lot when applying hand break? Does it affect the moving seat round when parked up?

Do you have any photos of the hand break extender fitted as think this might be just what may wife needs when driving as she has to reach down a lot when applying hand break? Does it affect the moving seat round when parked up?
Here’s a few pictures
6D7D876B-CBFB-40DE-BF55-283E7C1C3EF0.jpegA03634B3-0214-4022-B028-22DCFE308F99.jpegE08E7C92-3D72-435E-8D49-12B4BBB08C25.jpegAC8D44F8-9E5A-4E18-8023-5E0E9FA940C1.jpeg

And here’s a little video

Pull it up to apply the brake
Pull back on the handle to push the brake button in and lower the whole lever to release the brake

Pull the silver pin and the handle folds forward
Put the pin back in and the brake can be applied but not released because the button can’t be pushed. To release the brake yank the pin and pull the handle back so you can refit the pin. Handy if you have a crotch goblin that likes pulling levers and pushing buttons.

Back