Webasto Aux Heater Unlock

Just to update everybody.
There is dedicated procedure for "Unlocking of blocked Webasto" under "Guided Functions" in VCP :)

vcp aux h unlock.png

Last edited:
The pumps can get gummed up after being inactive for some time, there are two ways that may free it, a few choice taps with a hammer or application of heat with a few taps. Usually it is simpler to just replace the pump though.
It is possible that the fuel lines were never filled originally or someone had the heater run out of fuel. ( VW never make mistakes do they! :) ) Try to find that priming setting and it will be a lot easier.
The fact that the CAF couldn't be started could mean that the motor is fubarred or maybe dodgy connection. Using the Webasto software you would get the fault reported, usually motor short circuit or open circuit and you can test the motor operation - rpm and duration. You can also test things like the coolant pump function, vehicle fan etc.
It is a pity that I don't have a VW coolant heater to test it's responses to WTT ( the Webasto software), I have VW Airtop heaters from T5s which I can operate fully with WTT ( and they can only be operated normally via the vans systems) and I can't see that the T6 Evo coolant heater will be any different. ( I also have as a test unit a Volvo/Renault Truck Evo AirTop 2000 that can only be operated by the lorries system which can be operated by WTT)
I have always steered clear of the coolant heaters as my hands are full enough with the air heaters but have kept my eyes open for a cheap Evo coolant heater from a T6 for playing with.

Nice to see that there is further help with VCP - we will all end up with so many dongles for this, that and the other we will lose track of what each ones limitations are.

Perhaps this one under Basic Settings?
View attachment 62204

What bothers me a bit that you couldn't start the Combustion Air Blower through output test.

when I changed the coding as you mentioned earlier I can now activate the blower etc and hear it so that’s a good one. When I click on the priming it says working but I can’t hear clicking like id expect. Shall I leave it for a while working?

I don’t have access to vcp and think this might have been a better purchase for my problem than VCDS but at least I set up my reverse camera the other day thanks all for the continued help !!

I have purchased this dongle in the hope it will communicate directly with the webasto. Could be a waste of £12 though. !!

1FAB0314-BB05-45D1-BEE7-51A450EBC63A.png

The trouble with using a cheap dongle is that you can end up not accessing the full functions of the software as the latest versions are tied to the Webasto dongles and you may not communicate with full function to your heater.
Here is the list that I have to select from - the ones on the right use the latest software and version 4 of W-bus which is impossible with the cheap dongles. I am not sure what W-bus version you are running but as they have a Thermo Top Evo version under the same W-Bus as the Lin-bus it is highly likely that yours will be on the right hand side. The differing heater/device selections decide upon which protocol to use to communicate with them. You may well find that that dongle you have bought will not work with any WTT version later than 2.16 whereas I use version 3.4 that has far more features.
A cheap pukka Webasto dongle has just been posted on Ebay - used at 1/2 price WEBASTO DIAGNOSTIC ADAPTOR | eBay

wtt.png

Evening all. Just had another play around on VCDS. No joy with fuel line filling. I can do every other request on the basic settings but that gives me “conditions not correct etc” I’ve also attached my coding screenshots to make sure I have the right options ticked. I’m sure it’s the lack of fuel, as no sound of a pump hence no flame?
6A81359D-58D5-4FB0-AC29-F156E0C6F2A3.jpeg685DC729-4D44-43BF-932D-63E3A5B83C74.jpegC7939F28-9C66-4888-8216-D7BB96268A0F.jpeg8E6B26CC-E821-48FE-BA53-63EEB0B9B0CA.jpeg

02AF0369-9C10-4F54-BF3D-CFD99CD0F481.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check that the fuel pump has wiring connected to it - someone may have disconnected it long ago and forgot to replace.

Check that the fuel pump has wiring connected to it - someone may have disconnected it long ago and forgot to replace.
It is definitely worth checking but I would expect to see any faults related to the pump if this was the case.

Reactions: mmi
I will try and take under tray off tomorrow. Seems to simple to be that haha. At least I can give it some 12v to prime manually.

Trouble is that workshop manual download is for the standard Evo and not the VW one that is factory fitted in the T6, I haven't been able to find that one in the wild yet. That one would be much more helpful.

No joy with fuel line filling. I can do every other request on the basic settings but that gives me “conditions not correct etc”
I did try the same -- and the result was the same. Seems that there might be some advance steps involved... wondering if running output test "metering pump" would do the job.
----
Anyways, a site collecting test procedures - might be useful to bookmark and to take advantage of their offer for VCDS users - an example ---> auxiliary heater / 18 - auxiliary heater / basic settings / basic settings

Linked via Ross-Tech site ---> Introduction

Seems a bit of a coincidence that your T6 was registered 3 days before mine (27/01/2017) and I have the similar fault codes:
0002 [B1389 F1] - No Flame Detected After Repeated Start Attempts
0056 [B1389 F0] - No Flame Detected During Initial Start Attempts
0135 [B138F 00] - Heater Unit Locked

I can’t try “Locking release for T6: Basic Settings - IDE06654-Disengaging heater, and then clearing the rest...” as I assume this needs VCDS or VCP? I’ll keep following the various threads.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that your T6 was registered 3 days before mine (27/01/2017) and I have the similar fault codes:
0002 [B1389 F1] - No Flame Detected After Repeated Start Attempts
0056 [B1389 F0] - No Flame Detected During Initial Start Attempts
0135 [B138F 00] - Heater Unit Locked

I can’t try “Locking release for T6: Basic Settings - IDE06654-Disengaging heater, and then clearing the rest...” as I assume this needs VCDS or VCP? I’ll keep following the various threads.
To unlock your heater you need VCP or VCDS. It might be good idea to check forum members map, I am pretty sure there is a local fellow who would be willing to help you.

Reactions: mmi
Thanks @Pauly. No urgency at the moment. When we get out travelling again I’ll see if someone can help out. Great forum btw an amazing repository of everything T6.

To complement the listing of suitable tools - screenshots of OBDeleven:
OBD11-18_Aux.heater_Menu_1a.png
OBD11-18_Aux.heater_Basic_settings_1a.png

Back