Webasto Aux Heater Unlock

Tdjrt

Good evening all,
Trying to unlock my Webasto Auxillary Heater via VCDS but struggling.
I've tried clearing the failed start codes but unsuccessful.
I have gone into adaptions and I believe I need to change a 0 to a 1 in a specific channel. But I have drop down options instead of channels.
Please help !!

What's the value of adaptation "IDE06688-Auxil. heater activation"?

@mmi it reads 'active'
I have tried changing to inactive and back but that didn't change anything.
I have gone to the security access and entered the code.

These are my Error Codes

Friday,21,February,2020,08:32:38:04960
VCDS Version Release 19.6.2 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64(Parallels)
www.Ross-Tech.com
Tom
Address 18: Aux. Heat Labels: 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 963 273 A HW: 7E0 963 273 A
Component and/or Version: STH-T5GP2 003 0009
Software Coding: 4391
Work Shop Code: WSC 02737 790 50316
ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2 001013 (VN75)
ROD: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2.rod
VCID: 2B030060A384065F4C7-807F
3 Faults Found:

0056 - No Flame Detected
B1389 F0 [009] - During Initial Start Attempt
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 4
Mileage: 72 km
Date: 2017.01.24
Time: 08:42:20

Operating condition of parking heater: Start
Coolant temperature of parking heater: 37 °C
Coolant temperature: 36 °C
Engine running status: detected
Fuel level: 63 l
Heater output: 5000 W

0002 - No Flame Detected
B1389 F1 [009] - After Repeated Start Attempts
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 3
Reset counter: 4
Mileage: 73 km
Date: 2017.01.24
Time: 09:45:47

Operating condition of parking heater: After-run - burnout
Coolant temperature of parking heater: 43 °C
Coolant temperature: 44 °C
Fuel level: 64 l
Heater output: 5000 W

0135 - Heater Unit Locked
B138F 00 [009] - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Reset counter: 5
Mileage: 95 km
Date: 2017.01.26
Time: 12:08:22

Operating condition of parking heater: After-run - burnout
Coolant temperature of parking heater: 33 °C
Coolant temperature: 31 °C
Fuel level: 63 l
Heater output: 0 W

@mmi it reads 'active'
I have tried changing to inactive and back but that didn't change anything.
I have gone to the security access and entered the code.
Thanks. I was a kind of hoping that the locking would just have disabled the heater. And there does not seem to be any other obvious adaptation related to this, neither in basic settings :(. As you mentioned in the first post twiddling a certain adaptation channel value 0/1 was the way to reset/unlock older generation Webasto. (Un)fortunately I haven't yet come up against a locked new one so can't offer any solid advise. But definitely interested of the resolution using VCDS.

Another way to reset by removing fuse at heater start-up to try at ---> Webasto Coolant Heater Lockout - Codes

Meanwhile, all the measurement blocks and adaptation for comparison of mine are here ---> Webasto Auxiliary Heater - customizing

If you could pull out the same package, it would be interesting to see if they are any different because of being locked.

Oh no, not again!
Due to running fuel low or something else?
Again the wrong side of the country for me to do it with the Webasto gear.

Bought the van second hand and the error codes we already here. Just wish I could reset. Going to try your fuse method tomorrow @oldiebut goodie ! Fingers crossed. Assume I’m going to need to see someone with webasto gear to reset probably ?

Bought the van second hand and the error codes we already here. Just wish I could reset. Going to try your fuse method tomorrow @oldiebut goodie ! Fingers crossed. Assume I’m going to need to see someone with webasto gear to reset probably ?
Any chance you could extract all measurement blocks and adaptation maps from Webasto??

Under VCDS how would I do this?

VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->

upload_2020-2-9_22-2-38-png.60343

Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go

VCDS Flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\.... there will be files
adpmap-18-xxxxxxx....CSV and blockmap-18-xxxxxxx....CSV

Just strip off last 5 digits of the VIN (if so desired) in file name and upload the files here.

Last edited:
Trying to unlock my Webasto Auxillary Heater via VCDS but struggling.
You could try under Basic Settings -> IDE06654-Disengaging heater
It is said to work on MQB platform vehicles (which T6 is not though but there are similarities).

Last edited:
Good morning, Please see attached my scan of adaptions etc for block 18. I. hope you can make some sense of it all. Real head scratcher at the moment. With regards to basic settings, I can't find this on my Ross-Tec app. Thank you. Tom

Attachments

• adpmap-18-7E0-963-273-A_WV2ZZZ7HZHH079641-20200303-0731.CSV
    3.9 KB · Views: 25
Thanks. Any chance to get also blockmap-18-xxxxxxx....CSV uploaded. As there are a few faults, chances are there in this file are some more bits of information.

With regards to basic settings, I can't find this on my Ross-Tec app.
Should be under module 18 (Aux.Heater).
VCDS -> Select Control Module -> 18-Aux.Heater -> Basic Settings -> IDE06654-Disengaging heater

Last edited:
@mmi You saved the day. Using Basic settings under Disengging Heater, with security access already activated the codes have now cleared. I tried running some function testes but noting was happening via VCDS. I suppose I'll have to wait until the engine is cold and temp is below 5 degrees.
Onto my next question (as long as the heater fires up) how difficult is adding the 'remote control' as I've found this option in the coding section (attached image)? Is it just a tick box and find the correct Receiver ? thank you all for help so far!

88F5C6C6-1176-431B-90A3-F9E546C7398E.jpeg

2E484BDF-C568-4B17-8312-22CC31E42751.jpeg

For anyone else who might be in my situation and reading this in the future, here are the screenshots of what was done.

381ECD90-12C1-4E72-AC4A-7407745CDA84.jpeg

6954381C-983E-49CC-9BE0-8F53A7904A3C.jpeg

D3AD2800-C1A3-448A-B757-9C586405AF8C.jpeg

@mmi You saved the day. Using Basic settings under Disengging Heater, with security access already activated the codes have now cleared. I tried running some function testes but noting was happening via VCDS. I suppose I'll have to wait until the engine is cold and temp is below 5 degrees.
Onto my next question (as long as the heater fires up) how difficult is adding the 'remote control' as I've found this option in the coding section (attached image)? Is it just a tick box and find the correct Receiver ? thank you all for help so far!

View attachment 62163

View attachment 62164
Webasto Auxiliary Heater - customizing

Reactions: mmi
Using Basic settings under Disengging Heater, with security access already activated the codes have now cleared.
That's excellent news. :thumbsup:
I tried running some function testes but noting was happening via VCDS. I suppose I'll have to wait until the engine is cold and temp is below 5 degrees.
Did you run the tests through this menu "Output Tests"
upload_2020-3-4_21-48-13.png
The following tests should run at any temperature - and are easily heard.
- Combustion Air blower
- Recirculation pump
- Metering pump
adding the 'remote control'
You read the link @Robert post? Can be done - but software in the Webasto needs to be reprogrammed.
Which A/C you have, Climatronic (see pic --> Webasto Auxiliary Heater - customizing )
or Climatic (4-speed front cabin blower)?

What bothers me a bit is the current coding of your Webasto - "4391". Any idea why?
I would have expected it to be "4101" from factory for T6.

I ran the test via output tests yes. But none of them seemed to do anything except for the metering pump (sounded like a relay under the dash engaged) but that was that. Waiting for temperature to drop below 5 degrees now. I haven’t much of an idea why it’s 4391. Anything I can look into about this ? Don’t think I’ll jump into the remote setting just yet. Not until I get it working as it should anyway !

Good morning all, an update on manually starting the aux heater today. Under basic settings - customer start test - activates heater (great start) after around 1 minute it cuts out and error code 0056 - No flame Detected. Guess I've got a faulty unit of some sort. looking back at my original post with fault codes, there was 70km on the clock. And dated 2017.01.24. This was when the van was registered. Looks like its been faulty from day 1 and never looked at ! Going to try and get it up on a ramp to see if fuel pump is pumping as I can't hear it (and should be able to hear the clicking). @mmi I also changed my coding form 4391 to 4101 but that didn't change anything. Any help advice would be great. Is there any way I can get a whole data sheet of 18 Aux whilst it's running? might shed some light on my problems !

Manually prime the pump and fuel line before attempting to start it again - if you don't you will run the risk of locking it out again. ( 6 attempts )
Make up a lead with a JPT connector and connect to pump, connect one end to 12v and tap the other end to the other 12v terminal - do it for 60 - 100 taps if you have a long fuel pipe run. The lines will then be primed. Replace connector from heater. You may get a cloud of smoke on start due to excess fuel in the heater but it will soon clear.
(This is assuming that you don't have a fuel prime setting in your menus)

3.4 Starting after long period of non-use
Longer periods of non-use have no effect on the starting
function of the heater. However, limitations must be made
here with regard to filling of the fuel lines. Especially with
petrol heaters, the fuel evaporates from the fuel line in the
summer months. As a result, it must be expected that several
complete starting attempts will be required for initial
starting. Commissioning must them be carried out with the
Webasto Thermo Test PC Diagnosis.
Prime the heater with fuel using the Webasto Thermo Test
PC Diagnosis:
Press the fill line button and fill the lines until fuel is present
at the heater.

Great info @oldiebut goodie ! I can’t get the van up in the air today but on the weekend I will try manually priming the fuel. I can’t find anything similar on VCDS. I’ll have a scrounge again in a bit. It defo sounds like a fuel deficiency and I suppose after the years of no starting it’s expected! My only other concern is that from the info I’ve got, it’s never run from factory. Could this be a lack of fuel in the initial failure ?

manually priming the fuel. I can’t find anything similar on VCDS
Perhaps this one under Basic Settings?
upload_2020-3-5_12-28-18.png

What bothers me a bit that you couldn't start the Combustion Air Blower through output test.

Back