VW-T of Henfield, Sussex

Bobby Turkalino

Relocations Estimator
T6 Guru
Had the van for 3 years (originally converted by VW-T), away in Dorset last weekend left the wind out awning overnight and it rained....a lot!

Woke up Sunday morning with a severely wonky awning carrying a lot of water, in the process of emptying 3 rivets on the front awning snapped. Managed to run a bolt into the bottom hole but couldn't line up the top holes so got out the cable ties.

Emailed Tom who said pop over and he would take a look, popped in Wednesday and he refitted the rivets so all is well and no charge...great service!

IMG_20220515_162855.jpg

IMG_20220515_162838.jpg

Last edited:
I've been down to VW-T to look at the different pop tops they do and they seem a very professional and friendly company.

I'm still on the search for my camper (leaning towards buying a van and getting a conversion done now). I am absolutely in love with this day van setup:

The ONLY thing missing which I want is a fridge/sink unit which could easily fit behind the driver seat.

My shortlist is the 3 seat rib bed (isofix makes mrs happy), fridge/sink, table, pop-top bed, 2 captains seats, some storage under the bed to put the BBQ etc in.

Anybody used them before? That conversion looks to be approx £13k. How does the price seem to those of you who have been in the game much longer than me?

I'm still on the search for my camper (leaning towards buying a van and getting a conversion done now). I am absolutely in love with this day van setup:

The ONLY thing missing which I want is a fridge/sink unit which could easily fit behind the driver seat.

My shortlist is the 3 seat rib bed (isofix makes mrs happy), fridge/sink, table, pop-top bed, 2 captains seats, some storage under the bed to put the BBQ etc in.

Anybody used them before? That conversion looks to be approx £13k. How does the price seem to those of you who have been in the game much longer than me?
I’m not sure if the search function is down but I found these -

Bought a newly converted T6 camper from VW-T in Henfield, Sussex.

Tom,the owner is a great guy, as are the guys that work there,he has responded very quickly to a couple of minor niggles and these were sorted straight away to my total satisfaction.

www.vw-t.co.uk

Feel free to ask anything that comes to mind

Steve

There’s also this standalone thread, so I’ve merged yours in to one so you can see previous (and hopefully future) feedback

Price is competitive I'd say and am sure it wouldn't cost the earth to add a small kitchen pod, possibly at the expense of the driver seat swivelling all the way round.

I am interested in a chat with VW-T as well actually, thought I was set on a layout similar to yours (but long wheel base so I had room for a larger kitchen pod and a portapotti) but the Nyetimber layout has intrigued me! Looks quite similar to a Jerba Sanna and a few others with the rear galley kitchen.

My van was already converted by VW-T when I bought it, in all my dealings with Tom he has been always helpful and professional. We had a couple of niggles which he sorted out straight away when we first had the van, the fact that he repaired wind out awning brackets straight away and foc after 3 years shows the k8nd of outfit they are.

I quoted to move someone recently who had a 19 plate camper converted by VW-T and they were equally glowing in their assessment.

Price is competitive I'd say and am sure it wouldn't cost the earth to add a small kitchen pod, possibly at the expense of the driver seat swivelling all the way round.

I am interested in a chat with VW-T as well actually, thought I was set on a layout similar to yours (but long wheel base so I had room for a larger kitchen pod and a portapotti) but the Nyetimber layout has intrigued me! Looks quite similar to a Jerba Sanna and a few others with the rear galley kitchen.

I’m with you all the way on that type of layout. Rolling Homes in Shrewsbury did mine and they call it the Livingstone. I needed a rear galley and low headroom on SWB for parking. I also needed a shower (inside). :eek: They managed it all with a big bed upstairs too. So sleeping for four. I was well pleased with their work and I’ve done a number of mods myself such as a box seat round the toilet and an extra worktop that clips in on a TV swivel arm. I sound a bit like an advert for the converters but if you’re looking for some ideas about what’s possibleI I can show some pictures.

Reactions: CAB
I’m with you all the way on that type of layout. Rolling Homes in Shrewsbury did mine and they call it the Livingstone. I needed a rear galley and low headroom on SWB for parking. I also needed a shower (inside). :eek: They managed it all with a big bed upstairs too. So sleeping for four. I was well pleased with their work and I’ve done a number of mods myself such as a box seat round the toilet and an extra worktop that clips in on a TV swivel arm. I sound a bit like an advert for the converters but if you’re looking for some ideas about what’s possibleI I can show some pictures.
Would love to see some pics mate! I’ve got a LWB on order with VW but storage is a concern for me with this sort of layout, especially with 2 car child car seats, a pushchair etc. Would love to know where you fitted the shower inside?!

I probably don't have as much storage as you need as I'm single now and the family are grown up. My son and his partner take it camping quite often though. His 12 year old daughter, who's at that awkward stage seems enjoy it too, which is surprising. The tailgate awning gives loads of extra space for bikes etc. I'm away this weekend but I'll start taking a few photos on Monday.

I probably don't have as much storage as you need as I'm single now and the family are grown up. My son and his partner take it camping quite often though. His 12 year old daughter, who's at that awkward stage seems enjoy it too, which is surprising. The tailgate awning gives loads of extra space for bikes etc. I'm away this weekend but I'll start taking a few photos on Monday.
Thanks very much, appreciate that! One layout I’ve seen has cushions for the Neptune which can turn it in to a little sofa during the day, thought that was a really nice idea for the kids to chill out on. We digress anyway (don’t want to hijack VW-T’s recommendation page). Will look forward to the pics though!

7BF99485-49B9-402E-B994-23F495D41182.jpeg

Thanks very much, appreciate that! One layout I’ve seen has cushions for the Neptune which can turn it in to a little sofa during the day, thought that was a really nice idea for the kids to chill out on. We digress anyway (don’t want to hijack VW-T’s recommendation page). Will look forward to the pics though!

View attachment 168703

Nice to see somebody else does that. I leave that seat flat to make a bench quite often. When the two front seats are turned round it’s like a “U” shaped lounge.

Back