Vw paint issues

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’m currently having a big argument with Volkswagens warranty Department as I took this in to be repaired (Vw Guildford) as they said it would be covered under warranty but then they checked the depth of the paint and said it was too thick and that I must of had work done to it so it wasn’t covered under warranty.
I did point out to them that if I had it done somewhere else we wouldn’t be having this conversation as I would be discussing my issue with them!
I did point out to them that the only owners of the vehicle before me were themselves so how do I know they didn’t do the work and not put it through the books?
Or the fact that it wasn’t beyond Volkswagens remit to hide the truth (emissions).
They didn’t like that.

Now handed over to the motor ombudsman.

29B98357-97E3-4D6D-8E5D-02B54D67B021.jpeg

8E79FC7E-1829-447F-9EAD-B5B75900CA6C.jpeg

849968EF-7242-4873-8640-4630D1E5B952.jpeg

Is that a dent or a hollow is it just me or does that look like it’s been filtered , having worked in retail dealerships before car sales depts are dirty and will get things painted and repaired especially if it’s been a demonstrator

Is that a dent or a hollow is it just me or does that look like it’s been filtered , having worked in retail dealerships before car sales depts are dirty and will get things painted and repaired especially if it’s been a demonstrator
The plastic film has pulled off the top paint coat

To me that would indicate that it was applied before the paint had cured I’d lay money on that being previously repaired

To me that would indicate that it was applied before the paint had cured I’d lay money on that being previously repaired
Thats what I told them.... can't prove it tho. Pissed off they tried to tell me that I had work done!!:rolleyes:

Having spent well over a year in a battle with VW paint warranty when mine started to corrode after 2 years, I'm going to say something you might not like, but it's meant in the best of terms.

Give them one attempt at putting this right and if this gets rejected by Volkswagen themselves, don't waste your time fighting it mate. It will be very frustrating and it more than likely won't achieve anything. VW paint warranty department dig their heels in if they think it's not something they should be paying for. Your dealer will have zero impact on the decision from Volkswagen.
Unless the dealer themselves do it as a gesture of goodwill, do yourself a favour and put it down to experience. The damage you have isn't an expensive fix and I know it's annoying, but trust me, you will go round in circles and waste more time than the jobs actually worth.

Having spent well over a year in a battle with VW paint warranty when mine started to corrode after 2 years, I'm going to say something you might not like, but it's meant in the best of terms.

Give them one attempt at putting this right and if this gets rejected by Volkswagen themselves, don't waste your time fighting it mate. It will be very frustrating and it more than likely won't achieve anything. VW paint warranty department dig their heels in if they think it's not something they should be paying for. Your dealer will have zero impact on the decision from Volkswagen.
Unless the dealer themselves do it as a gesture of goodwill, do yourself a favour and put it down to experience. The damage you have isn't an expensive fix and I know it's annoying, but trust me, you will go round in circles and waste more time than the jobs actually worth.
I agree with this. I've also got a minor paint warranty request which having been knocked back, I took to a lawyer. He told me VW would never admit liability after a 1st letter from him and I'd need to take them to court. Totally sickened by VW and their attempts to wriggle out of every warranty claim hence I'm waiting to stick the van into a local bodyshop to fix the paint before selling. It's only a few hundred quid but having to admit defeat to VW is hard hence the sale. I can run my T5 without any connection to VW.

Yeah I think I've already gone that way after hearing so many stories like that.
Not sure that I'll get a result from this but will let the motoring ombudsman have a crack, so I might be able to claim back the cost of the job.
Have purchased the plastic foil already and will get it done.

Back