VW multirail awning connection

LordGozer

T6 Pro
I have a VW multi rail attached to my van and want to add a drive away awning.

Does anyone know which kador connection kit it need, I have an option of 6mm to 6mm or 6mm to 4mm.

Thanks

The 6-6 is the one you want I was using that last week, this week however I'm using a pole and clamp kit and it's much better for reattchment with the tunnel nice and tight

Thanks, I looked at those kits but thought that the clamps would mark the rail? Is this not the case?

T
Thanks, I looked at those kits but thought that the clamps would mark the rail? Is this not the case?
They have rubber protectors on them, or at least the Vango ones do. I'm very impressed with them, so easy to get a tight connection

The kador strips are easy to use too but you need a bit of slack canvass to get it in, the same with the plain figure of eight whereas the pole you can just pull tight

Hi @Colinlp don't suppose you have a picture of your connection?

I've a vango galli and am struggling with a non intrusive connection to the van.

Ta. Andrew

Sorry not a close up, we've literally just pulled the awning down. We have the Reimo multirail which has a gutter in it, the pole slides into the tube of the tunnel top on the Galli. The pole and canvas then sit in the gutter and is clamped down at each end and in the middle in the little access area and that's it

Thanks. I don't have any sort of rail at the moment and was looking for a solution that didn't involve me sticking anything to the van. I'm probably looking for something that doesn't exist.

Thanks for the explanation.

A

The Galli comes with straps that go over the top of the van but I wouldn't use them. There are also magnetic solutions too but I have no experience with them

Back