VW Marshall's scratched my van whilst in for warranty ☹️

So after having some warranty work done on my van and a buff and polish to remove swirl marks from the previous time VW washed my van it has come back with a whole new scratch and flat spot where they have over buffed it trying to rectify it.

They have sent out a paint tech guy to rectify this with a light blow over with new paint. Anything but perfect I'm not going to be too happy. Will have to wait and see on that one.

What's people's thoughts on this? Should I be kicking up a fuss and look for some sort of compensation or just hope for a good job and live with it?

It's only just a year old and isn't the first inconvenience that I've had since buying it courtesy of VW.

Anyone have any thoughts or had similar experiences?

Cheers

View attachment 75665

View attachment 75666

View attachment 75667
At least one free service from VW is what I would push for. Did this with Audi when my whole CAN system failed two days into owning it.

By the sounds of it they will be giving some sort of extended warranty as compensation. Finer details to sort once it's rectified properly.

My advice is to keep pushing also you can request photos through stages of paint, hate to say it I’m not a stickler on my vans appearance cause I can’t be asked to but know it’s not nice when things like this happen but any person that is competent and takes pride in thier painting of vehicles would not be doing it out in the open I cringe every time I see this, you might as well just pic some dirt up and rub it in fresh paint , hope you get it all sorted but don’t let up on them agree where you want the blends in the paint so reduces the risk of any visible work

Back