VW Marshall's scratched my van whilst in for warranty ☹️

Minimucks

T6 Guru
So after having some warranty work done on my van and a buff and polish to remove swirl marks from the previous time VW washed my van it has come back with a whole new scratch and flat spot where they have over buffed it trying to rectify it.

They have sent out a paint tech guy to rectify this with a light blow over with new paint. Anything but perfect I'm not going to be too happy. Will have to wait and see on that one.

What's people's thoughts on this? Should I be kicking up a fuss and look for some sort of compensation or just hope for a good job and live with it?

It's only just a year old and isn't the first inconvenience that I've had since buying it courtesy of VW.

Anyone have any thoughts or had similar experiences?

Cheers

IMG_20200626_110006.jpg

IMG_20200626_105937.jpg

IMG_20200629_114203.jpg

So after having some warranty work done on my van and a buff and polish to remove swirl marks from the previous time VW washed my van it has come back with a whole new scratch and flat spot where they have over buffed it trying to rectify it.

They have sent out a paint tech guy to rectify this with a light blow over with new paint. Anything but perfect I'm not going to be too happy. Will have to wait and see on that one.

What's people's thoughts on this? Should I be kicking up a fuss and look for some sort of compensation or just hope for a good job and live with it?

It's only just a year old and isn't the first inconvenience that I've had since buying it courtesy of VW.

Anyone have any thoughts or had similar experiences?

Cheers

View attachment 75665

View attachment 75666

View attachment 75667

Hi ...sorry to hear you got let down...
I've had a similar issue went in for recall and they damaged the paintwork..but they took in to their body shop to repaint the panel and blend it in ( I’m luckey van lives under carport .so paint does not age as fast) but would not except a quick touch up ...vw set a standard for paint work and give warranty to that effect...so what paint guarantee will they give...will it match...and outside work will not cure properly ...plus vehicles should be painted in a sealed booth not outdoors...dust and other environmental contaminants will effect the finish...
if dealer will not give you writing guarantee complain to vw customer services
best of luck ;)

ps push for some freebies

I've recently purchased a used van from Marshalls and it was not a good experience. We had agreed that they would perform a DSG, Air con and brake fluid service before handover. A week after handover I was still chasing for confirmation of the work and still being fobbed off with excuses about not being able to find the paperwork (all service records are electronic for VW, right?)
A quick email to head office in Cambridge and then a very apologetic response from the dealership within the hour!
Unfortunately 'local' dealer is almost an hour away, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

I know the whole coronavirus situation has not been easy for anyone, but I feel like I was being lied to in the hope that I would just give up and go away... I will certainly think twice before using Marshalls again.

Sorry to hear of your issues OP. Garages should take such care of customers assets worth 10's of thousands. My local Porsche dealer scratched my then 8 month old Cayenne. Initially denied it, then admitted it, then dithered on how they'd fix it. None of their responses were satisfactory. Any repair had to be invisible. It ended up in litigation. I had it repaired by the local VW bodyshop, which is Porsche approved, and served proceedings to recover the cost. Whole thing dragged on over a year and should have been unnecessary.

Just as thought not the best of jobs. I've given it 24 hours to settle even though it was force dried with a heat gun.
There's a light hard line where masked on the front edge, a little rough finish and a small area where the paint has settled/gathered and is visible from certain angles.

Time to let them know I'm not happy with the standard...

So ironically (or very much not) the van ended up going into the VW approved body shop to be repaired properly in a booth etc.the same company that carried out the smart repair previously.

I've just collected it today and would you believe it's actually come back worse than before.

It's now got a 2" run in a completely different place to the original damage and some pretty shoddy blending .

Argghhhh!!! It's a painful one.

You would think they’d have quality checked it before handing it back - muppets.

So ironically (or very much not) the van ended up going into the VW approved body shop to be repaired properly in a booth etc.the same company that carried out the smart repair previously.

I've just collected it today and would you believe it's actually come back worse than before.

It's now got a 2" run in a completely different place to the original damage and some pretty shoddy blending .

Argghhhh!!! It's a painful one.
Ugh. Disaster. Sorry to hear that. It must be the local VW approved repairer. My local (Poole, Dorset) one's outstanding. I remember reading @Dellmassive's thread on his vans big repair, and he was impressed with the VW approved repairer he used.

Third time lucky..... :mad:

Ugh. Disaster. Sorry to hear that. It must be the local VW approved repairer. My local (Poole, Dorset) one's outstanding. I remember reading @Dellmassive's thread on his vans big repair, and he was impressed with the VW approved repairer he used.

It's a shame because the dealer and service manager have been decent. They've actually tried to rectify the original damage 4 times now. I don't think they should be allowed another chance personally.

I'm awaiting a quote from an independent insurance backed paint shop and am in talks with who and how it will be paid for.☹️☹️

here >

I’m very interested in your thread, I’ve not long bought a Caravelle from them only to discover scratches on the roof, not there when I first looked at the van. In addition I had Autoglym LifeShine applied before I picked it up, so some end of a bell, actually applied the LifeShine product over the scratches, professional my arse.

All I can say is I’ve pushed my comments to head office due to the deaf ear of Marshall Bridgwater. We will see what happens from here.

I've had similar at main dealer. Dented door when in for warranty. Said it was there before. Had to kick up a fuss, they sorted it in the end... it's not perfect but it'll do. I feel for you. Paint is even worse... the more they mess with it the worse it can get.

I’m very interested in your thread, I’ve not long bought a Caravelle from them only to discover scratches on the roof, not there when I first looked at the van. In addition I had Autoglym LifeShine applied before I picked it up, so some end of a bell, actually applied the LifeShine product over the scratches, professional my arse.

All I can say is I’ve pushed my comments to head office due to the deaf ear of Marshall Bridgwater. We will see what happens from here.

I have escalated this to head office this morning.
Marshall's are implying because it's a third party which has done the repair (badly) it's for myself to chase the paint shop to rectify.
It's becoming a bit of a farce now tbh and I won't be settling for any kind of fob off.

Apparently you can pay for an independent VW approved quality report, then claim the expenses back if they report in your favour.

Good luck with your issues.

I had exactly the same with Vw Birmingham, I had a message off the receptionist saying “did I know there was a scratch on my rear bumper?? ”. I was on my way there to pick up my van after a service when I got there the scratch was a rather large scuff , I said that wasn’t there when I dropped it off, after being told it was they eventually looked at cctv to see one of the cleaners had backed it into a fence even though I’d told them not to clean it. What a joke ! It was badly smart repaired By them, in the end I had it re done myself couldn’t do with the hassle.

Update on this if anyone is interested.

After having the owner of the paint company out twice to attempt to rectify the shoddy work it was still not great.
Marshalls tried to avoid the problem so it got escalated to head office.(who have been exceptionally helpful)

The service manager has now taken control and the van is booked into another VW approved repair shop in the new year.
Apparently the original company is not used anymore because of the issues raised.

Fingers crossed the new company actually know what they are doing!

Back