VW have had my broken van since February

Thanks for the advice. I’ll have a look into it.
I still haven’t heard anything from the dealer. I expected a phone call or email fairly soon after sending mine.
This is all very off putting. Not sure I want another Transporter. All the horror stories and huge bills I have read about on here plus my own experience is enough to make me rethink.
The nature of forums is that bad news is discussed at length and that good news (or no news) is not, so I would caution against others' "horror stories" putting you off. I accept, however, that you're own experience is bound to taint your view.

I had a not dissimilar experience with a used VW Passat 2.0 Tdi.
From day one it would burn a lot of oil but initial visits back to the garage (indy) would just result in nonsense excuses and claims that some do burn a lot. I was getting through a litre in as little as 300 miles so clearly something was up.
I managed to contact the previous owner who, it turned out, had exactly the same problem but returned it to a different dealer. After this it was auctioned off and unfortunately ended up on a forecourt near me.
My dealer was less than impressed at my discovery but refused my initial demand of a refund claiming (rightly) that they had an obligation to repair it. In the end it needed a new engine as the rings were burnt out. Petrol in the tank being the most likely cause.
After the new engine the car was transformed but every year for about 3 years afterwards something big always went wrong.

I really wish I had pushed to get the refund.

I still haven’t heard anything from the dealer. I expected a phone call or email fairly soon after sending mine.
There is a ‘review a business’ thread on the Forum, well worth you adding your bit to prevent others suffering the same dealer.

Back