VW factories were closed across Europe.

Finally heard back from my dealer today after emailing 3 weeks ago then again last week. I spoke with a guy at another branch while using their websites chat box last week. They agreed I could now put the van off until September and I've screen shotted it as I don't trust them. Then today I get a call that mine is at the German port (which I knew already) and that they have to register the van within 14 days of them receiving it.

I know for a fact they are delaying other orders until September some even arriving before mine and one is even there already.

Not a great way to treat a loyal returning customer.

This 14 day business sounds like nonsense. Maybe they have a small premises and don't want it taking up space? I wonder if there's any forum members with insider dealer knowledge who'd be able to shed some light on this behaviour?

I've spoken to my dealer about possibility of me putting a private plate on from new in September and the answer was no problem. Now I just need DVLA to start selling again!

This 14 day business sounds like nonsense. Maybe they have a small premises and don't want it taking up space? I wonder if there's any forum members with insider dealer knowledge who'd be able to shed some light on this behaviour?

I've spoken to my dealer about possibility of me putting a private plate on from new in September and the answer was no problem. Now I just need DVLA to start selling again!

Exactly what id like to do too, put a private 70 plate on it.

I'm going to speak to the manager tomorrow and sort this out. I wouldn't mind but not once have I mentioned how VWs delays have cost me a lot of money in lost business as i haven't had a van and have been trying to work when I can from using my wife's Audi A3.

Exactly what id like to do too, put a private 70 plate on it.

I'm going to speak to the manager tomorrow and sort this out. I wouldn't mind but not once have I mentioned how VWs delays have cost me a lot of money in lost business as i haven't had a van and have been trying to work when I can from using my wife's Audi A3.

Let us know how that goes!

An Audi A3 might just about carry your lunch but what about materials/tools!?

That’s great news, I’ve messaged VW again today as it should have been built by 29th. How long from being told it’s at the port to landing in the uk?

Think I last checked about 2 weeks ago and it was 38 which is at port of exit waiting to board. Now it's 40 arrived at UK port waiting clearance. They said that takes 7-10 days then it's transported to the dealer. Im collecting 1st September if everything goes to plan, treated myself to a private 70 plate last week for it .

Think I last checked about 2 weeks ago and it was 38 which is at port of exit waiting to board. Now it's 40 arrived at UK port waiting clearance. They said that takes 7-10 days then it's transported to the dealer. Im collecting 1st September if everything goes to plan, treated myself to a private 70 plate last week for it .
70plate, just what you wanted. Counting the days.

I have VW Crafter on order for work, ordered it beginning of March and was due end of July. Meanwhile my existing van (Vauxhall/biggest mistake ever) has blown its engine!

VW are now saying end of September for delivery but nothing confirmed, every time I ring they add on another month!

Now in a hire van that’s costing me a fortune!

Can’t get too stressed about it though as people have way bigger issues to be worried about. I can understand everyone’s frustrations with factory orders though.

I have VW Crafter on order for work, ordered it beginning of March and was due end of July. Meanwhile my existing van (Vauxhall/biggest mistake ever) has blown its engine!

VW are now saying end of September for delivery but nothing confirmed, every time I ring they add on another month!

Now in a hire van that’s costing me a fortune!

Can’t get too stressed about it though as people have way bigger issues to be worried about. I can understand everyone’s frustrations with factory orders though.

I read something today about Crafter's , they're now being built in Poland but that might be just the E-Crafter I'm not sure. They were being built in limited quantities in Germany but now they must be getting more orders a factory has opened in Poland

Yep Poland for the Crafter/Man TGE since new model in 2017, same site as the Caddy I believe.

Really need my new van!

I checked in with VW via live chat last Friday and they said I was still in build phase with an expected completion date of 31st July and then a 2-3 day run to port. Based on your experience of transit from Germany to UK and customs clearance it doesn't look like I will see mine until September now :( Looks like I am going to Cornwall in the Alhambra then!

I checked in with VW via live chat last Friday and they said I was still in build phase with an expected completion date of 31st July and then a 2-3 day run to port. Based on your experience of transit from Germany to UK and customs clearance it doesn't look like I will see mine until September now :( Looks like I am going to Cornwall in the Alhambra then!

Weirdly missed the build stage on mine. I was checking on chat quite regularly then one day when I checked it just said it was built and on its way to the port. So things started rolling all of a sudden, after no info for ages.

Weirdly missed the build stage on mine. I was checking on chat quite regularly then one day when I checked it just said it was built and on its way to the port. So things started rolling all of a sudden, after no info for ages.
Think the chat is down again.

It gets better! Just been on VW Chat and been told this:

"Thank you for waiting, so your order is at status 20 which means it has a confirmed build week. The confirmed build weeks is week 30, the week commencing the 20th of July which was the week that our Factory was closed. Your vehicle should soon be updated and I can imagine it will be built in the next week or so, I would recommend coming back to us next week to see if there is another update."

Baffles me why they would confirm build for a week when they knew the factory would be closed :confused:

"Thank you for waiting, so your order is at status 20 which means it has a confirmed build week. The confirmed build weeks is week 30, the week commencing the 20th of July which was the week that our Factory was closed. Your vehicle should soon be updated and I can imagine it will be built in the next week or so, I would recommend coming back to us next week to see if there is another update."

Baffles me why they would confirm build for a week when they knew the factory would be closed :confused:

Mine was the same i just kept getting told it was confirmed build date #+*+ To which I replied yeah but wasn't the factory closed then ? Eventually you'll get a better update.

Mine is at my dealer now according to chat , but they haven't contacted me yet. Tried emailing and ringing my salesman but as usual no reply.

That doesn't make any sense... the factory wasn't closed that week because that's when mine was being built. The factory had been re-opened for a number of weeks by then. IIRC it was weeks 12-17 or something they were closed, with the backlog to be cleared and out the doors by week 30.

I really don't understand how one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world can still have such a poor order tracking system.

o_O

Back