Vw Factories Across Europe Are Closed.

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Dannyb6467, 21 Mar 2020.

1. Dannyb6467

Dannyb6467 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Just had this email. Not sure if its posted before but it looks like new orders will be delayed.

2. Rob_EMTB

Rob_EMTB Member

Mine was due to be built next week. Heath and safety of workers is number 1 priority, so totally understand the reasons.

Would be good to see VW put out some kind of update to those that have orders in (lots of us will be using them for business use and would like to plan accordingly!).

Chippy1970, Ghost and DarrenTT like this.
  3. Rob_EMTB

Rob_EMTB Member

Spoke with VW chat today... not confirmed the factory my van is being built at is closed... but don’t know how long it’ll be. Gotta just hold out and look for some other options. Had to hire a van last week and will need to do the same in the next couple of weeks which is added costs!

Nothing that can be done though in the current situation so in the grand scheme of things I can wait :)

from VW:
    It hasn't been confirmed that the Factory that your van is due to be built has been closed, however, due to the backlog that has already built up at the Factory, we believe that there are likely to be delays with your order.

We're not sure how long the delay will be so we recommend coming back through to us here or using our Live Chat service to keep updated on the progress of your order.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2020
  4. Kingsimon2000

Kingsimon2000 Member

Hi Rob,, Have you got a link to the Live chat ..

5. Rob_EMTB

Rob_EMTB Member

Hi mate. I just found them via Facebook and started a message with them. They usually get back within a few hours.

6. kiter

kiter Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Our local dealer posted on Facebook this evening that as from 5pm tonight the dealership is closed to the public. Essential users have been given a link if they need urgent repairs/servicing.

DarrenTT likes this.
  7. Chippy1970

Chippy1970 Member

Just go to the VW UK website and wait for the chat to pop up.

Ps sent you a pm the other day