VW dealers WTF is going on?

travelvolts

Retired
T6 Legend
I've had it with VW commercials dealers, Listers of Droitwich in particular. Following a minor prang on Tuesday my LT needs a new headlight glass and indicator. Now, the LT is one of the few vehicles that you buy just a glass for so not too bad i thought. It begins with the interrogation by the Rottweiler on reception when you phone and ask to speak to the parts dept. What is that all about??? Then the promise of a call back because they are busy. Never happens so you have to persist. I finally speak to parts guy who isn't very experienced by the sound of it. That's ok though, we all had to start somewhere. Parts identified and ordered. You can collect Wednesday morning. I'm away for a few days so leave it until this afternoon.
Attend Listers, negotiate Rottweiler and after a 10 minute wait parts guy appears and asks for details, even though I have ready furnished the Rotty with all this. Wait another 10 minutes. Parts guy "your order was cancelled by the factory, parts no longer available" What?
Why didnt you call me to let me know?
"The factory doesn't tell us when they cancel an order"
What a crock of ****!
Wait another 10 minutes while parts guy phones factory to re check availability while i start rumaging around in my pram for some toys that need chucking out.
Parts guy returns and informs me that he can get them in 3 to 5 days.
Toys are all over the floor now..."shove it" Turn and walk out out muttering about useless bastards.
Get home, look online at Quality Car Parts website, ah, genuine Valeo headlight complete for slightly more than Listers wanted just for a glass. In stock. Indicator, in stock.
I've always sourced parts for my VWs from VW dealers but those days are over. They are becoming more like BMW and Mercedes dealers, aloof but incompetent!
Rant over.

In my experience I've never had an unpleasant visit to my local VW Garage (Hereford) Plenty of expensive ones but never unpleasant. its a nice environment and everyone is more than helpful. always had a coffee and the guy behind the desk tends to know what your on about. However Hereford Audi is a different matter. couldn't stand going in there as it felt like a dodgy garage that tried to dazzle you with shiny cars and then screw you over whilst you're not concentrating.
I always think if I received this 'bad' service at a regular one man band garage you'd let it slide but when you digging deep to fund this massive chain you'd expect first class treatment. I don't condemn your upset as I've felt the same leaving Audi many times...

VAG seem to have serious problems with their dealerships - with Skoda being the exception. I have an Audi but will never buy another (i would rather walk than give them my hard-earned) because of the arrogance and indifference shown at all,of the six dealerships i had dealings with.
My VW vans came from brokers and they were great - but I soon dropped VW for servicing due to absurd overcharging and poor attitude.
The top management at VAG UK need to be sacked as they are destroying the values of the brand. Just look at the jd power surveys.

I tried to buy a 3.0TDI A4 Avant a while back. After speaking to several dealers I bought a 335d Touring, sold with excellent service and delivered to me in perfect condition.

Never looked at an Audi since.
Shocking complacency.

We have Audi's, but this one is the last, which is a shame, as the product is fine. Lincoln Audi's used car sales manager can take the credit for that.

There is a theme here, we bought our Gen Six (Ex demo) online, we were assured it was mint... after a 160 mile trip to collect turns out it wasnt.

Rear bumper damage, Wheel Kerbing and stone chips galore

I accept with 5k it wouldn't be perfect but we were assured it was mint.

Handover was a substitute salesman (lad we dealt with was off unknown to us), literally thrown the keys and told it was over their and that was our handover, needless to say this was in February and currently our Gen Six is back at the dealer (second time attempt to rectify the above)...

LOOKERS VW VAN CENTRE CARLISLE DON'T GO THERE.

Having dealt with West Yorkshire Van centre years ago when I got my first T5, they were awful , and unfortunately I had a Friday afternoon van, so had many many dealings with them. But 10 years later….. I've got to say they've really upped their game. The parts dept is very efficient, and the service lads have been great (particularly when they replaced the wrong sliding window!).

Hereford Vw and Audi are the same company Both come under the south Herefordshire banner .I would not buy any vehicle from them due to past experience , but they do all my warranty work and are ok for a service , always found Listers to be spot on after avoiding the rottie , Just tell her white with two sugars !

I purchased from South Hereford VW and they were superb!
They were sold about 18 months ago so not sure if they are the same owners now.

Listers Worcester are a pleasant centre although only went there for a test drive. Hereford have been good and welcome the van back anytime if I find any issues or have any queries.

Back