VW Dealers taking the pi**

Gwyn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Took the van in yesterday for its 1st service and mentioned there's some lag when you put your foot on the accelerator, was told on pick up that they had taken it out for a test drive and didn't see any problem and that everything was ok. How long should a test drive be :sneaky: Think they only test drove it from the car park into the service bay

IMG_6530.jpeg

IMG_6532.jpeg

Unfortunately, that's the sort of standard that seems to be increasingly common from official VW service centres (and still they queue to buy them!). The moral seems to be if you find a good one, cling to them for dear life as they're few and far between.

According to an ex-VW technician, there's no allowance on the timed job sheet for test drives.

Copy of email received this morning :slow rofl:

Good Morning Mr Parry

I hope that you are well.

I appreciate that we are operating a little differently at the moment during this pandemic but our priority is to ensure that we operate safely whilst ensuring all of our customers receive the highest level of customer care and five star service.

This is just a quick follow up email from the recent visit to ensure that everything is okay with your vehicle and you were happy with the level of service you received on the day.

You will receive a survey via email in the next few days, asking about myself and to see how I performed on the day, so if you get chance to please fill it in with five stars for me and the business, it would be very much appreciated.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask

Thank you for being understanding during these unprecedented times and thank you for your business.

Stay safe and have a lovely day

Kind regards

It’s so bloody annoying because you want to give one star and tell them that You know they only drove it hundred yards max, but you also know that you might have to rely on them in the future. Grr…

That's obviously a routine email generated by computer. Was I you, I'd be filling in the survey with truthful responses and screenshot each page. They can then be sent separately to the company at a senior level for the formal response which you would never get as a result of a survey. It might seem a bit extreme but I can be a real obstinate SOB when I set my mind to it and really can't stand firms taking the p1ss. Contrary to what @Long tall John says, you don't have to rely on them - you could go elsewhere (but seeing your location, that might mean a much longer round trip and life might just get in the way!).

I emailed him back regarding the short distance, this is the reply ( a very short distance )

Good morning Mr Parry. The technician will have used diagnosis mainly, so will only have driven the vehicle a short distance just to see if anything came to light on test drive. If there are any faults stored in the memory, we can see where the problem is. Hopefully soon we can get a master tech to do road tests with the customers but for now we use what we can to try and identify faults.

Back