VW dealer for the service/ maintenance stamps?

Rg_

T6 Guru
Hi guys, do any of you continue to go to VW for your servicing and maintenance to preserve the service history with VW stamps, etc or do you just find independent garages who use genuine parts.

Or do you do it all yourself and have no stamps but receipts for parts etc

I normally do most work on my cars myself using genuine parts but in the past have had older cars so with this I feel like i should be maintaining the stamps etc.

What do you do? Any advice?

No, I don’t. I plan on keeping the van so am not bothered about a FSH on paper.

I use an app called Road Trip to log all my stuff. I’ll keep receipts where possible but this does allow you to print out the history.

It’s really handy for reminders, as well as logging MPG and tyre wear. It’ll even give you an estimate on trip MPG and also tell you what you spend on the van per day!

C666D9FD-9FC0-4317-ADE2-7BF0605B37DC.png

Hi guys, do any of you continue to go to VW for your servicing and maintenance to preserve the service history with VW stamps, etc or do you just find independent garages who use genuine parts.

Or do you do it all yourself and have no stamps but receipts for parts etc

I normally do most work on my cars myself using genuine parts but in the past have had older cars so with this I feel like i should be maintaining the stamps etc.

What do you do? Any advice?

Entirely depends on what you plan to do with your bus, I'm a nerd and have kept every single receipt for my bus and I keep it all in a box folder.

I've got a VW service book too where I keep all the main dealer stamps, I want to see them physically and not have them stored on a VW main dealer computer.

You can get your bus serviced anywhere that's vat registered and using genuine parts, block exemption is still in force, but you will get a kick in the balls ref depreciation when you try and sell or p/x it at a main dealers.

@Ads_Essex good app dude, just brought it and will transfer my data over to it, I like stuff like this. :cool:

Back