VW Dealer for service near Sheffield

dennismo

150 Kombi Edition - LV Sportline
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi there. I've been inspired by @fezza68's helpful thread RE dealers in the NW.
I have a VW Service plan for next 2 services, and therefore am tied to a VW Dealer. I didn't have the best experience last time I popped in to JCT600, Sheffield, and therefore wondering about other options locally...

Anyone got positive / negative thoughts about JCT600 Sheffield? Go for it for a service, or steer clear?

Any other alternatives? Wakefield, Leeds, Nottingham, 'West Yorkshire', Nottingham, Derby and Stoke are all within 50 miles...

Many thanks guys!

I thought JCT Sheffield were great, though mine has only been there once as yet. What was the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried Sheffield, didnt work for me. I'm now using West Yorkshire van centre. Although not perfect, they do at least listen....

It’s interesting how we all seem to get different experiences. My one and only experience with Leeds was beyond a joke and I would not set foot in there again even if they offered a free service!

Having said that I will be reverting to a local independent once the warranty has expired.

I used sheffield whilst under warranty and thought they were ok for a dealer, no problems. However not out of warranty and use Autohaus Dolby

Excellent and Mat knows his Sh##
Really helpful - planning to try out Autohaus Dolby on my VW polo next week, so hopefully that will be good knowledge for future T6 work!

Just a quick update on this... I took my Polo to Autohaus Dolby for Service / MOT / Brake fluid change yesterday and was MEGA impressed! Great setup - Matt (the owner) is super knowledgable. Had a real variety of VWs in from newest through to 'vintage'. Lots of different transporters in yesterday through the generations too. I'll 100% be taking my Transporter there once my service plan is done with.

Thoroughly recommended to anyone local to Sheffield wanting service / other work! 5*

We use JCT Sheffield for servicing and they have always been very good. Had door seals replaced under warranty no problems. Probably not the cheapest but they do vans and lots of them.

Just a quick update on this... I took my Polo to Autohaus Dolby for Service / MOT / Brake fluid change yesterday and was MEGA impressed! Great setup - Matt (the owner) is super knowledgable. Had a real variety of VWs in from newest through to 'vintage'. Lots of different transporters in yesterday through the generations too. I'll 100% be taking my Transporter there once my service plan is done with.

Thoroughly recommended to anyone local to Sheffield wanting service / other work! 5*
Wonder if I get a discount next time I'm in ?
Glad you found it as good as me.
Yes he does a lot of rear engined models too, owners travel some distance to use him.

+1 for Autohaus Dolby - Matt has been looking after mine + friends VAG group cars for some years (I think he's moved to larger properties twice in that time!) and I'll be taking my T6 in there when needed. He can also do MOTs now I believe.

Thats a stones throw from the JCT600 Van Centre, Sheffield, are the two companies linked?

I cant fault JCT Sheffield, I bought my T6 with 2 months warranty left on it, found the door seals had split and was rusting so booked it in and they replaced them for free
They also did a complimentary check and found a leak from the gearbox which they said is a 2 day job but will be covered under warranty so saved me a packet if I'd have found it a few weeks later

Took my Tsi to Autohaus Dolby the other week. Second service was half price what JCT were quoting.
No need to go to a main dealer even in warranty (unless on a service plan of course). Ultra professional from start to finish, free courtesy car too, impressive set up really.

Not sure how vw can charge £300 (and they had the cheek to say it was discounted ro that) for an oil, filter and pollen filter change? :eek:

Edited to say; not slating jct service at all, I had some warranty work done there without a hiccup, more the price they charge for a service.

Had no problems with JCT600 myself, though now it’s out of warranty I take mine to Warmsworth Service Centre in Donny as it’s closer for me and they’ve been great so far. I would point out though that JCT weren’t being kind or charitable doing work for nothing, main dealers love finding warranty work as it’s all billable back to VW.

Yes, I realise that, was just grateful that they pointed it out as I would never have known about it before the warranty ran out
I also intend to use Autohaus Dolby from now on as I've only heard good stuff about them :thumbsup:

Back