Sold VW Cantera 19" with 255/45 104 Tyres rated for T32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecha

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have a set of recently refurbished 19" Cantera's with quality Goodyear tyres rated at 104, so suitable for a T32.

Having finally got everything just the way I had wanted, I've now had to change my plans for my van, so they are up for sale.
  • Rims were recently refurbed by MyAlloys in Basingstoke, they are in a Shadow Chrome finish - which is chrome powder coat over a Black base coat. It's regularly used on BMWs and gives the wheels a brighter and deeper finish than the standard silver. No cracks, dents, welds or scratches.
  • Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season 255/45 R19 104 tyres, they are 700 miles from new, fitted and balanced by MyAlloys after the refurbishment. This tyre size is the only way to get to load rating for T32 .
  • 4 x Genuine VW centre caps, again only 700 dry miles.
They use the standard VW bolts and locks, which are not supplied (as I need them now my old wheels are back on).

Having spent more than £1850 on the rims, refurb, centre caps and tyres, I'm looking for £1200 to cut my losses.

Located at RG9 (Henley)

Thanks
Jamie

BB7BEEB1-50BA-418C-A7A1-45A217F97CCF.jpeg

D0EADB5E-05CE-489B-B979-5F570F31CF33.jpeg

DC0258C7-108E-4E10-95E3-AACDC1046B17.jpeg

I have a set of recently refurbished 19" Cantera's with quality Goodyear tyres rated at 104, so suitable for a T32.

Having finally got everything just the way I had wanted, I've now had to change my plans for my van, so they are up for sale.
  • Rims were recently refurbed by MyAlloys in Basingstoke, they are in a Shadow Chrome finish - which is chrome powder coat over a Black base coat. It's regularly used on BMWs and gives the wheels a brighter and deeper finish than the standard silver. No cracks, dents, welds or scratches.
  • Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season 255/45 R19 104 tyres, they are 700 miles from new, fitted and balanced by MyAlloys after the refurbishment. This tyre size is the only way to get to load rating for T32 .
  • 4 x Genuine VW centre caps, again only 700 dry miles.
They use the standard VW bolts and locks, which are not supplied (as I need them now my old wheels are back on).

Having spent more than £1850 on the rims, refurb, centre caps and tyres, I'm looking for £1200 to cut my losses.

Located at RG9 (Henley)

Thanks
Jamie

View attachment 126272

View attachment 126273

View attachment 126274
Hi Jamie. Forgive me if it’s a dumb question. 19s with these tyres… does this increase the overall diameter from stock? Speedo out, etc?

Hi Jamie. Forgive me if it’s a dumb question. 19s with these tyres… does this increase the overall diameter from stock? Speedo out, etc?
Hi @RunDSG I run the same size wheels / tyres on my 6.1. The speedo reads spot on when compared to a GPS. There is no wiggle room, 70mph is 70mph.

Hi @RunDSG. When changing wheel sizes, you have to change the profile of the tyres you are using: larger wheel = lower tyre profile and, conversely, smaller wheel = higher tyre profile. The aim is to maintain the same outer circumference of the tyre, as this will ensure there's no impact on your speedo (and no impact on the gearing of your van).

Note that it isn't always possible to maintain *exactly* the same tyre circumference, but (contrary to AK06FR's "no wiggle room" comment) you should be okay if you stay with a 5% tolerance as UK law only stipulates that your speedo must be within 10% accuracy @ 30mph and 70mph.

@RunDSG @Bav @AK06FR Thanks for the comments above.

On a T32 you need a 103 load rated tyre or greater, so that was the challenge, as not all tyre sizes are available in all ratings, so I tried to find the best compromise The 255/45R19 is a slightly larger radius/diameter than standard (3.5% accoring to willtheyfit.com against an 18' Sportline setup), and as pointed out it puts you bang on with speedo readings.

(This also happens with lots of the 20' wheel tyre combo's for a T32).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back