VW California ‘Style’ collapsible table advice

Parvus

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I’m currently looking to replace my internal folding table with something more useful. It’s rarely used and limited to the van.

I’ve seen similar tables at campsites/festivals with 4 legs and can be used outside which I think is from California Beach or Ocean.

My idea is to replace the 1 legged table with something more flexible , both inside and outside and saves carrying another table OR attached folding legs to my existing table.

Anyone already done this, plus any recommendations on what you might be using. I’ve found the OEM California tables at approx £300.

Thanks,

I have this:

Fits in the sliding door and can be used inside and out. We received a standard single leg table with the conversion too but never used this as it seems really impractical (lives in loft)

Hi,

I’m currently looking to replace my internal folding table with something more useful. It’s rarely used and limited to the van.

I’ve seen similar tables at campsites/festivals with 4 legs and can be used outside which I think is from California Beach or Ocean.

My idea is to replace the 1 legged table with something more flexible , both inside and outside and saves carrying another table OR attached folding legs to my existing table.

Anyone already done this, plus any recommendations on what you might be using. I’ve found the OEM California tables at approx £300.

Thanks,
I have, and recommend, a used Honda CR-V boot picnic table. Got mine for £30 off a well known auction site, it's sturdy, indestructible and at a nice height.

Screenshot_20220902-101651_eBay.jpg

I have a gap behind the drivers seat and furniture which fits the table and 2 chairs, in a protective bag. Little bungee stops it sliding

I have this:

Fits in the sliding door and can be used inside and out. We received a standard single leg table with the conversion too but never used this as it seems really impractical (lives in loft)
Haha. I did exactly the same, and my one legged table lives in my loft too!

I’ve got a folding table in the door, no issues with the table itself and it does allow for a ‘civilised dinner’ when we aren’t roughing it.
The drawback being that when the table is erected you need to have planned everything in advance or be a contortionist.
At my age I plan ahead.

Reactions: CAB
I’ve got a folding table in the door, no issues with the table itself and it does allow for a ‘civilised dinner’ when we aren’t roughing it.
The drawback being that when the table is erected you need to have planned everything in advance or be a contortionist.
At my age I plan ahead.
That’s what we like our small sized one. We simply Lift it out of the way or step around it when in the van and it’s sturdy as a rock on the grass…. It’s not civilized dining though!

Back