VW Approved Used: 6 month review

So alittle update if anyone was still watching.
My MOT ran out today, so i was at a squeeze with taking it somewhere else. I've gone with the basic repairs to pass MOT. Got sent a a video detailing what was wrong.
And then a price breakdown.
So, £395 for 2 back discs and pads. And then an additional £90 to remove the fault code on my dashboard? Is that normal?
£600 for Cambelt.
£88 for break fluid.
And an advisory £139 per tyre replacment.
The video shows all my tyres currently worn at different points across the thread. But, they don't do alignment.
Fault on my parking sensors due to water ingress, but they just removed the fault codes, no actual fix.
I've got them to do the cambelt and breaks, but the rest can be done elsewhere. If anyone knows a good mechanic around the Essex area, please do let me know. Thanks for all your input people. I'm just abit lost, first van, large amount of money (for me) in general, still young and learning.
You got hit with a couple of inflated prices there but it’s a lesson learnt.

Do get your advisories sorted out as soon as you can.

Hopefully someone can recommend an indie in your area

You can do your MOT up to one month early and keep the original renewal date the following year, no need to leave it to the last minute.

Did you agree to them removing the fault light on the dash? If they did work that wasn’t agreed with you then don’t pay for it. It’s not part of the contract.
Had my Audi serviced once and they put new wiper blades on at £35 EACH and once I pointed out it was never authorised and wasn’t a service item they just did me a new bill with free wipers.
They are all chancers.

Try JD Hinton in Danbury for general repairs and MOT. Used them for my car but haven't tried yet with the van (MOT in June so would be useful to know).
For tyres, I use Queens Park tyres in Billericay. For comparison, I paid £85 fitted and balanced for my T5.
£90 to clear the codes??!!! Get yourself an OBD2 scanner. VCDS, OBDeleven, Carista are the favorites, but other cheaper generic testers may also work. 5 minutes (max) with any of these to clear codes and (with the exception of VCDS) cheaper than what VW charged you to clear them once.

Back