VW Amarok 20" Wheels

I have finally made my mind up and ordered a set of these wheels !!
Probably going to put Nexen RU1 ‘s on them .
Looking at £110 a wheel fitted .
Mines a black lwb so decided I need big wheels . After looking at 18 ‘s & 19’s .
Will get some pics up early next week probably:thumbsup:
What size tyres have you gone for on these @Brennanpj I still can't make up my mind on tyres..

Great choice in wheels and tyre size! Is you van a T30 or T32? It will be interesting to hear your verdict of ride quality after the change and seeing some pictures of course!!

Nexen 255/45/20. 105 load rating .
Fingers crossed

I think my quest for a 255/40/20 tyre with appropriate load rating has failed. Looks like it will have to be the 255/45/20 you have fitted as there are a number of options available.

My only concern was the increase in diameter and rolling circumference and how this will effect the performance of the van both in MPG and load on the drive shafts. I know it's only minimal but would have liked it to be as close to original as possible. [Devonports 17" on 215/60/17]

Would be great to see some pics of yours when you have them fitted. :thumbsup:

I think my quest for a 255/40/20 tyre with appropriate load rating has failed. Looks like it will have to be the 255/45/20 you have fitted as there are a number of options available.

My only concern was the increase in diameter and rolling circumference and how this will effect the performance of the van both in MPG and load on the drive shafts. I know it's only minimal but would have liked it to be as close to original as possible. [Devonports 17" on 215/60/17]

Would be great to see some pics of yours when you have them fitted. :thumbsup:

I do have the same concerns , and kept looking at the wheel/tyre size conversion websites .
Yes speedo will be out , but I will get used to that I think .
I will keep you posted when all up and running .
I was only thinking last night if 255 was to wide for the 8j rim . And looked into 245 .But looking at Davrobs they are not looking baloony at all . I know different manufacturers tyres will vary . My van is manual so my thinking was not to concerned about gearbox’s or clutches etc . This may be a bit niave , time will tell . I will keep my devonports just in case !
I think I much prefer the raised height than slammed rubbing arches etc !

255/45 20 does effect the rolling radius and knocks my speedo out by 3-4 mph @ 60 mph. I can live with that has there is generally a trade off with everything we have or do in life. Regarding the extra load. Doesnt concern me whatsoever. These vans are designed for carrying a payload of a 1000kg so to run about in a van which is nearly empty most of the time I cant see any extra loading on any of the components. After taking the 16inch claytons off and comparing the weight to the Amorok 20s I could barely feel any difference in weight. I've read somewhere that the DSG box used in the commercial vehicles is slightly different to the one used in VW Audi S tronic /DSG and has been designed for pulling weight.

Was in the Liverpool VW centre yesterday and they had the 20" Diamond cut alloys that DavRob has on display (very nice in the flesh). What surprised me is that they were advertised for "Transporter all variants" not even a mention of the Amorak, yet it the Commercial Vehicle Accessories catalogue they are for the Amorak only!!
I always read on forums that VW don't agree with 20" alloys on the Transporter, as it causes all sorts of technical and warranty issues,....Not at VW Van Centre Liverpool, it appears to be promoted!!!
Think ill be getting some now

Take a picture of the sign and it’s location and store it away somewhere

Or email him, confirm they’re available for the T6 and get him to quote you a price with tyres:sneaky:

.... and I stay with my wheels in iron ..... maybe 'because today I lightened the wallet by putting 1000 liters of gasoline in the motorboat ..? .. I have no money for alloy rims .. but so I have no concern to take them away ... hihihi

I found another set of 20s for the amarok earlier, twice the price of the previous ones though !

View attachment 22845
Just been informed that our set of 4 alloys has landed at VW Van centre Hull, just awaiting the Amarok.
I'm really tempted to stick them on the T6 for a month, until the Rok has landed; but they will be shod with 275/55/20 Pirelli's ATR Plus so there is no way on gods earth they'll fit.....:(
Pirelli-Scorpion-All-Terrain-Plus.jpg

904_IPZM_2H6071490__NQ9_ENG_001-2.jpg

I'm going to pop in to the VW dealers and pick these wheels up, then buy the cheapest nastiest 255/45/20 single tyre up, and pop one on the Vel, just to see what it looks like.
I'm a committed 17" man, but well, you know life's too short sometimes, got to experiment;)
And if I don't like it, it will have cost about £65 for a single "BlackCircles" own brand tyre; as the wheels are destined for the Amarok anyway.

Currently sat in the tyre garage waiting for the new rubber to go on the amarok wheels .
It’s taken me all week , as the Nexen I wanted were not available until September!
So I refuse to put budget tyres on , and there is not much midrange choice except generals !
I’ve gone for Yokohama advan , fingers crossed it’s not an expensive mistake !
Pics to follow!
:cool:

Back