VW 2nd battery removal?

Rids

T6.1 KOMBI LWB 4M STARLIGHT
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I've finally got started on my electrics install... the 200Ah lithium has gone in under the drivers seat...only just!

I've now removed the drinkers side seat to find quite a lot of stuff...
So my question is how much of this can disappear with the original VW 2nd battery?

I've downloaded several diagrams of T6.1 wiring from here but sadly am not that much the wiser yet...

Also the fuse plate on top of my engine battery doesn't match the one in the downloads; any one got any idea which is the cable to the 2nd battery as I thought it wise to disconnect at source whilst messing about..

cheers

Drivers side.jpeg

Drinkers Side.jpeg

Engine battery fuses.jpeg

So it turns out it was the leftmost of the three red cables, tagged 2, that is the feed through to the 2nd battery; I got lucky I was the first one I tried.

As for what can be removed with the battery...
No much; it's pretty much just the charging relay and then a 60A fused feed from the second battery had to be put back in order to supply power to the various relays etc under the seat, in my case these seem mostly to be for towing electrics, the 4Motion & the Diff lock controllers.

So now I've got the space for the Dc to Dc charger and the solar controller & associated bits.

SG2 Fuse Replacement.jpeg

Getting there…
Slowly!
View attachment 155264
I've been searching to find some decent photos just like this! I was hoping to get my 600w inverter next to the original 2nd battery but it looks tight, not much room in there is there! Van is arriving soon. Factory tow bar too so as you said thats an additional plug too! Very helpful. Thanks.

Back