Almost completely off topic, but please make sure that the drain cover shown in one of the photos is rated for commercial vehicles. I broke the one on our drive with the van - turns out it was designed for cars only.

Pete

Fitted these 48 hrs ago and have asked various people their thoughts because I'm struggling with the look. I think I've gone to wide! 9" front 9.5" rear. I know it needs lowering but I think I need to go 8.5" and 9" any thoughts to massage my ego.
I have to say the wheels themselves are gorgeous and the quality outstanding

Almost completely off topic, but please make sure that the drain cover shown in one of the photos is rated for commercial vehicles. I broke the one on our drive with the van - turns out it was designed for cars only.

Pete
Their was me thinking what pearls of wisdom is @Pete C going to install in me with my current dilemma on wheels and it turns out he's after my man hole for his collection:):)

You are ok it is load rated for commercial. We have another one just at the bottom of the drive as well, when we moved that was one of the first thing i checked.
Being in the building trade seen many a vehicle stuck in a pedestrian manhole:laugh:

Thanks for the comments guys its what i thought, so monday ordering a new set :whistle:
These will be coming up for sale in the next few weeks :laugh:

Where abouts are you? I wouldnt mind seeing this colour against a Starlight van before I decide on wheels.

Maybe silver will look better on Starlight :whistle::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I do sometimes consider a change, specially with all the miles I do. I keep looking at the Swamper style, and know it's far more practical for me to go this route, but it means throwing a bucket load more money at my van, when it's at the peak of how I want it.

Thanks for the comments guys its what i thought, so monday ordering a new set :whistle:
These will be coming up for sale in the next few weeks :laugh:

As mentioned, get 4 8.5s made up to make two sets then you'll be able to sell the spare set ...I know how you feel...you get excited waiting for them and then that crappy feeling when you stand back and they poke to much... I know of Van's running 9 fronts but they have to run 235/40/18 -tyres and have to bend the arch liner top screw right back

I don't know much about banding but would it be cheaper to see if they could redo them for you, as you may struggle to sell if appear to big ? nice colour by the way.

I don't know much about banding but would it be cheaper to see if they could redo them for you, as you may struggle to sell if appear to big ? nice colour by the way.

That would be to sensible ;)

I think I've managed to find a solution will just have to see how it goes

Hi, I really like the look of these, can someone explain the difference between banded & non banded please?
The banded ones from Tamar are very expensive, compared to other non banded ones.

thanks
Colin

Banded is basically taking a steel wheel, splitting it in half and welding in a 'band' to make it wider

Anyone know where I can get some amorak steels ? No one seems to have stock?? Cheers

Back