Looking for tyres suitable for 7.5 x 18 limits choice up to something like a 225 /45 r18 however I can't seem to find any tyres with a reasonable compromise between value and quality with suitable t30 load rating?

I recently bought some of these wheels with winter tyres mounted on them. I thought I'd share some before / after shots with you. For these interested, winter tyres are better than regular tyres...apart from when it's snowed like crazy and only chains or socks will cut the mustard.

Before:
kLEMiWDfI9REjzB7jE-99JPdOaGOXzTwdP-aYfuaB1DqjFX0lPpDAdaVofpvjKoSUNC3PKN2sebOSKUER4=w1274-h955-no.jpg

After:
nfc_-Ix6bvAhY2pG9Ciz6Yzcy-6610wxHOLh2g0vappQTv44QTGanpkZBYgtcwqIO1jjhX0u3kRTgV_Wn0=w1274-h955-no.jpg

I'm running stock ride height. Sure, it would look better lowered but I'm a little unsure about the DCC and whether I'd run into problems. My previous car was a Disco and it developed an intermittent suspension fault - I'd hate to have this again.

I actually thought it sat really well, and assumed it was a standard 30mm drop, so i'm impressed.

I have a pair of Nokians on the front and Nankings on the rear, all 235/50 R18. My OEM tyres are 255/45 R18. I reckon it wouldn't take much to improve on these budget winter tyres but they are definitely better than driving on regular tyres.

I'd be interested to learn what the difference in diameter is, if anyone can tell me.

I do find that most 'man on the street/down the pub' that I have spoken to are the opinion that winter tyres aren't worth bothering with - the exception to this view are those people who actually have bought them in the past, and overwhelmingly they swear by them!

The wheels feel very nice - if anything they feel nicer than the alloys, but this could be for any number of reasons - no doubt the 'shiny new toy' factor. :)

I was with a mate yesterday in his T5 on Continental winter tyres and was very impressed getting up a large hill in the snow, my T6 would have got nowhere on the standard summer tyres.

I have a pair of Nokians on the front and Nankings on the rear, all 235/50 R18. My OEM tyres are 255/45 R18. I reckon it wouldn't take much to improve on these budget winter tyres but they are definitely better than driving on regular tyres.

I'd be interested to learn what the difference in diameter is, if anyone can tell me.

I do find that most 'man on the street/down the pub' that I have spoken to are the opinion that winter tyres aren't worth bothering with - the exception to this view are those people who actually have bought them in the past, and overwhelmingly they swear by them!

The wheels feel very nice - if anything they feel nicer than the alloys, but this could be for any number of reasons - no doubt the 'shiny new toy' factor. :)
https://tiresize.com/comparison
235/50'a are 1.1% larger in diameter which is nothing of any relevance.
Nokian are absolute "Premier League" all-season/winter rubber; Nankings are "National League South" imo. How come you have 2 different makes?

The big problem with some winter tyres is spirited driving on warmer days i.e. above 7C when they can be found wanting, big time:eek:. Most areas of the UK have many warm winter days. Thats why I firmly believe all-weather/all-season offer a better solution for most UK motorists, the compound is far more suited to our temperature ranges/seasons.

Thank you for the info. I bought the tyres and wheels as a package. Interesting to learn that the Nankings are a bit poor as they are the most worn (on the edges). I might consider scrapping them for Nokians.

I'm happy to have the best on the front, but then a little nervous about the disparity with the rears.

Thank you for the info. I bought the tyres and wheels as a package. Interesting to learn that the Nankings are a bit poor as they are the most worn (on the edges). I might consider scrapping them for Nokians.

I'm happy to have the best on the front, but then a little nervous about the disparity with the rears.
Yes, I know why you are thinking that.
In the good old days, it was always best practice to put your most grippy/better tread tyres on the rear (regardless off which axel(s) is driven. I think the idea was to stop a spin under hard breaking; but today with ESP (electronic stability programme) which I think all T6's have?; it could be argued that because the front's do most of the stopping, you should fit your best rubber there.?????

Which Nokians have you got?

Back