V-Power v Standard Diesel

It's a 2.7 but better spec'd than most 3.2's, over £8k of factory options! Great fun when the sun is shining :thumbsup:
I do like them but we need a boot and back seats so our six cylinder thrills are housed in the wee hatchback shape of an M135i.
Not as fun as a Boxster but still a hoot to drive.

Or 2.9/3.4?

I use BP Ultimate in our two diesel 520Ds. Both cars feel noticeably more responsive when using this fuel. Incidentally I found little difference with Shell V Power.

I do like them but we need a boot and back seats so our six cylinder thrills are housed in the wee hatchback shape of an M135i.
Not as fun as a Boxster but still a hoot to drive.

I've got an F21 120d M sport (which will be for sale next week) the handling is fantastic for a hatch so I'd imagine with the power of the 135i it's a rocket!

I've got an F21 120d M sport (which will be for sale next week) the handling is fantastic for a hatch so I'd imagine with the power of the 135i it's a rocket!
Yes it definitely goes well. Had it just over three years from new and still love it.
Went well here too; just the driver who needs to get more practise in...!

As other have said, super petrol is about octane - but the important thing to remember about octane is that you need to have enough, but having more doesn't help. So an engine designed for 95 will run badly on anything less, but won't run any better on 98.

With diesel it's about cleanliness - so I don't use supermarket diesel in our cars and every 4 refills I'll put in a tank of super if the price is reasonable.

As other have said, super petrol is about octane - but the important thing to remember about octane is that you need to have enough, but having more doesn't help. So an engine designed for 95 will run badly on anything less, but won't run any better on 98.

With diesel it's about cleanliness - so I don't use supermarket diesel in our cars and every 4 refills I'll put in a tank of super if the price is reasonable.

Whilst I do feel that there is a difference in performance with BP Ultimate it is the more effective detergent package contained by the more expensive fuels that persuades me to use them.

Couldn't be said better. My car is mapped to run on 99 ron as it's an import, high compression ratio and supercharged without an intercooler, plus water Meth injection to bring the octane up to 108Ron at when over 40% injector duty cycle is seen.

Back