• Yes it’s completely normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it’s got a fault

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Curryzz

T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

Can I get a quick vote on if this noise is normal or not? Cold engine, Flywheel has already been replaced.

102 BHP
Manual
2019 Plate
12K Miles

Last edited:
I don’t own a 102 but if VW are telling you it is normal I’m sure they have another 102 on site you can listen to and make a comparison.

I don’t own a 102 but if VW are telling you it is normal I’m sure they have another 102 on site you can listen to and make a comparison.

Volkswagen haven’t said it’s normal, I do need to compare it. However I thought I mite get some members on here who’s vehicle do it which would help.

Last edited:
Sounds like the DMF rattling?

Is it just in neutral, 0ff the clutch. It does it?...

I’ve noticed my 102 making a similar noise idling from cold (7k miles). I have no idea if it’s normal but I got a message up saying it’s due it’s first service in 30 days so I can ask them then

Sounds like DMF... defo if the noise stops with clutch play.

Why did you have a new DMF at 12k?

What was previous problem?

Who did the job.... Warranty at main dealers?

Maybe take it back to them and ask whats going on.

I’ve noticed my 102 making a similar noise idling from cold (7k miles). I have no idea if it’s normal but I got a message up saying it’s due it’s first service in 30 days so I can ask them then

Great, let me know what they say if you don’t mind.

Mine has a slight rattle when cold in morning.

35k now.(my18)

Was going to ask them about it at next service... (6k from now)

I had a DMF done on a T5.1 T 90k, but that was very bad.... sounded like a tractor.

Sounds like DMF... defo if the noise stops with clutch play.

Why did you have a new DMF at 12k?

What was previous problem?

Who did the job.... Warranty at main dealers?

Maybe take it back to them and ask whats going on.

I took it in for this fault, It was worse actually but it’s still there after a flywheel replacement. Yes, main dealer repair. It’s more intermittent now but still there. Iv only had the camper a couple months so will be retuning to the dealership but I’m just wondering if all 102’s do it

the DMF has sprung loads weights.

But its odd that originally they make no noise...

Then start making noise.

Not sure at what point VWCV call the DMF failed..... as they seem to start making small noise when cold.

Which gets worse over the miles , age.

the DMF has sprung loads weights.

But its odd that originally they make no noise...

Then start making noise.

Not sure at what point VWCV call the DMF failed..... as they seem to start making small noise when cold.

Which gets worse over the miles , age.

Yes, VW have the conversation with you that they need to strip it down and quote you for the diagnosis time, you then keep everything crossed they find a fault so they can process a warranty claim.

The way it sounds now I don’t think many people would buy it, as I said before I don’t believe this is normal.
DDDCDF18-60EB-4B6F-9FFB-BCAF6504C01A.jpeg

The way it sounds now I don’t think many people would buy it, as I said before I don’t believe this is normal.
View attachment 100273

I agree, Iv got two other VWs & just sold a lovely Golf R to fund my T6. Iv never heard anything like this before but I thought maybe I’m wrong as I’m new to commercial vehicles

My 102 makes a similar noise on cold start-up, goes away when clutch pedal pressed in or when engine is warm (late 2017 27k miles). Minor service and MOT recently and nothing was said when I picked it up (I forgot to mention it mind). I’ll be keeping an eye this thread and ear on my van, might be booking it in, if it gets worse. Keep us updated.

Back