Voltage Split Charge Relay - Sanity Check

Sebnev

VCDS User
T6 Pro
I bought my van already converted over a year ago. After reading tons of threads on the forum I'm not sure the electrics are setup the right way. Mine is setup with a voltage split charge relay (see pic attached), and a flooded acid type battery.

Is this the right setup for the way the Euro does it regen ?
If not, what should it have in place ?

I'm not looking to have the perfect setup but want to make sure its safe !

Van is a 2017 T6 Euro, Diesel T32 DSG. I'm not an electrics guy so not sure I understand this correctly so looking for advice to check.
Thanks in advance

2F911EC4-4E81-417C-88F6-BB4F3A0F4BE7.jpeg

In simple terms, it’s safe, but it’s not going to fully charge your leisure battery when you drive.
Do you have problems with your leisure battery losing charge too quickly when you use it ?

Pete

Thanks, makes me feel better about it.
No the leisure battery seems to hold a decent charge - certainly not had any issue with it going flat. I’ll keep a closer eye on how it loses charge this year and take a battery tester with me.
So I’m assuming this setup won’t have any effect on how the main battery is charged during driving ?
If I’m on EHU and the leisure battery gets fully charged will the main battery then get charged ?

Thanks, makes me feel better about it.
No the leisure battery seems to hold a decent charge - certainly not had any issue with it going flat. I’ll keep a closer eye on how it loses charge this year and take a battery tester with me.
So I’m assuming this setup won’t have any effect on how the main battery is charged during driving ?
If I’m on EHU and the leisure battery gets fully charged will the main battery then get charged ?
whatr are you running from your leisure battery?

what 240v EHU mains charger have you got? . . . . whats it connected to?

a few pics will help.

Back