Volkswagen Sliding Door Issue

howardbrown

Hi All,

Someone has tried to gain access to the side sliding door which has caused a nasty hole. I’ve currently got a armour plate over it but am looking to get this fixed. The handle is slightly loose as well from where they have tried to gain access, it almost feels like it's been stretched... and the inside handle isn’t working from where the armour plate was installed. I don’t think the garage fitted the locking mechanism back correctly. I do have all the parts which came off the handle though. Volkswagen have said it'll need a new locking mechanism so I'm in two minds of what to do.

My current dilemma -

1. Do I find myself a new sliding door off of a breaking Volkswagen (T5.1, T6, T6.1) and replace the entire door itself, including the locking mechanism? I presume I can use the locking mechanism out of the new door and it will work with my key etc?

2. Do I get my current door fixed at a body shop and possibly get a new locking mechanism fitted if the garage can't get the current one working? I've been quoted £690.00 to get the door fixed & painted (I did mention that the handle wasn't working, although I doubt this includes replacing the locking mechanism).

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this...

AEPO2275.JPGPREX0244.JPGSUDJ9869.JPG

Back