Vision Leisure Upholstery

Looks brilliant, they are doing our conversion upholstery in Feb next year. Have been down a couple of times to design ours and chat about what is possible (more than I ever thought)

Now that’s nice. Loving the Ricaro upgrade. :unsure:

Saw them at Busfest and am now desperate for their Recaro upgrades.
That said, I have a slight issue with them however and will be making contact as soon as I have a spare moment.
On your original seats you will all have had a fabric tag marked with the word “airbag”. I have now seen three different people’s seats (two up close and personal, another by photo), and not one of them has this tag on them anymore. I know that the thoracic airbag remains within the seat as that has been confirmed by a person who has had the Vision treatment, so that’s good for the owner of the van. However, these tag’s are really important for the emergency services as it tells us if there is an undeployed airbag within the confines of the chair. Our rescue crews are trained to look for these tell tale signs to enable them to expose the detonators so as not to cut through them, which could be very dangerous for anyone in the vicinity. However it is not just a case of cutting that causes the problem. An airbag remains live even with the ignition off, and with the damage and destruction that gets caused to the electrical system in a collision, we have no faith in claiming such a system ‘safe’ even with the key removed. The simple point being, an emergency worker could be stood adjacent to the chair performing a range of interventions to keep the occupant of the vehicle alive, and that airbag could activate, inflate, and cause them significant injury at best; simply because having searched for the clues that such is fitted, believe that none are present.

There was no side airbag badges on my seats , i was under the impression it was a extra, if i remember right ?

No airbags on my highline, think dash is standard and side/seat is extra on order

mines a Highline PV no air bags or badges when mine seats were done

I have just received this message for vision regarding the airbag labels that @DaveyB so rightly says should be identified in the seat as the manufacturer do.

I’ve just had a look at the feed on the T6 forum, I certainly take on board what the person said about airbag labels, it’s a fair point.

Can you reply for me and tell him I take it on board and it’s a very fair point and any airbag seats will have have labels sewn back in from this point in.

Kind Regards,

Peter Degg

Vision Leisure Upholstery Ltd

01694 328008

There was no side airbag badges on my seats , i was under the impression it was a extra, if i remember right ?

No airbags on my highline, think dash is standard and side/seat is extra on order

mines a Highline PV no air bags or badges when mine seats were done
Ahh my mistake then, I must just be one of the lucky ones. Since mine was an ex demo off a forecourt then I did not spec or see the full options. Just all the ones i’d seen had them.

I have just received this message for vision regarding the airbag labels that @DaveyB so rightly says should be identified in the seat as the manufacturer do.

I’ve just had a look at the feed on the T6 forum, I certainly take on board what the person said about airbag labels, it’s a fair point.

Can you reply for me and tell him I take it on board and it’s a very fair point and any airbag seats will have have labels sewn back in from this point in.

Kind Regards,

Peter Degg

Vision Leisure Upholstery Ltd

01694 328008
Cheers for doing that @StudleyGlass, and a thank you to Vision for their response.

The seat cover are made to your desire by vision. Materials/design etc. Then you go along for a morning and your seats are removed and stripped, The original seat frames are retained and the internal back foam is replaced, if your want the recaro type upgrade. Then recover with your skins that are all made and ready to go on. Job done :thumbsup:

Back