Victron Smartshunt

Can I ask where you mounted the smartshunt and how you find the bluetooth range on the unit?
My leisure battery is under the single passenger seat and the shunt would likewise be stuck in the metal box with the rest of the electrics whcih might not be best for bluetooth signal.

Didn't really have a choice so I put mine under the passenger seat beside the leisure battery. It certainly reduces the bluetooth range to about 2-3 meters but that's fine for inside the van.

Oh good...my range is only 2/3mt ( put my mind to rest that it seems that’s the standard) was hoping to sit indoors to monitor..only really got it so I can monitor the solar input
So much flipping sun ..battery top up...and no where to use it....Ironical ain’t it you preempt the summer season buy all ur goodies and convince the wife it’ll all be worth the expense and then BOOM:confused:

My BM2 Voltage monitor unit is also under the seat and I can get a signal maybe 5 or 6 meters away in the house but I would be happy with 2-3 if that’s what it can do. I think the handiest bit of the BM2 is the history recording.
Don’t think the Victron does this but there isn’t another reasonable way of monitoring my TN100 lithium.

Back