Victron smart solar charger 75/15 settings

Nigel W

T6 Guru
The charger may be smart but the operator certainly isn’!
can anyone @Dellmassive help me please?
1. what battery profile should I use with a sealed lead/acid leisure battery as all the options in the drop down box mean nothing to me?
2. there is a bridge on the bottom which you can move between pins - haven’t a clue what to do with this

any other tips to help an idiot get this set up

The good news is that at least I have it all working……..no hair left tho’

thanks all

Last edited:
Try this....

1: Vic Gel deep disc (1)

2: leave it as it is.

Screenshot_20210825-191628.jpg

What LB you got?..

Can you post a pic so we can check the best settings for you.

You are truly a star - thankyou

its been a stressful couple of days doing the instal and the final straw was when I eventually got everything working, went into settings and didn’t recognise a single battery option it offered.

Current battery is 5 years old, a sealed lead acid Platinum Leisure Plus, but I plan to buy an AGM replacement at the end of the season as it must be near the end of its life.

Thanks again
Nigel

Gotcha.

SLA batteries are normally 3-5 years with normal use.

So 5yrs might be reduced capacity.

When Ur ready look for AGM as they are much better for LB and solar application. (They hold a higher voltage too which is good)

Cheers for posting this @Nigel W and answering @Dellmassive just got to our festival, set up the solar panel and noticed the same setting changed to the above and now going to leave it alone. We also have an SLA 110a battery, so its helped. Cheers

@Dellmassive could you tell me which pins to put the jumper onto our Victron 75/15 solar controller as the jumper had fallen off in the packaging, I have 210 AH Gel leisure batteries 200 watt of solar panels. I have put the jumper onto 2&3 pins.
Thanks again,
John.

906EB6DB-DA6C-473D-B99C-EF4E97B1E943.jpeg
John.

Back