Victron setup with solar and DC DC charger

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I bought my kit from a very helpful Travelvots last year, now that I've come to the connection and install I've forgotten all of his wise words.

Is anyone willing to share their solar install and battery charging setup?
I have the MPPT 75/15 smart solar charge controller, Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30 isolated DC/DC charger and to monitor the lot a BMV-712.

I've run the fused wire from the starter battery to the install location, along with an switched ignition 'on' cable.
Solar panel cables are in the van and ready.
LiFePO4 battery ordered, (delivery next week hopefully) but until then I have an AGM.

The supplied Victron components have minimal information and are individualistic, I need something that pulls them together.

Watching the usual Youtube options but not yet found anything that reflects my setup.

Cheers
Ollie.

Have a look over here to start......

Have a look over here to start......

Thanks, I was working through that last night @Dellmassive and also watching your informative videos

I believe this is the closest reflection to my intended setup;
Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 11.54.28.png

Do you need the solar isolator or can you replace with Anderson type connectors?
What's the function of the 100A LBP?
Do you need a separate BMV temperature monitor? I don't see an option to interface this with the BMV-712?
Are you using the chassis earth in all negative connections?
Does this setup facilitate the charging of the starter battery from solar via a fully charged leisure battery?

Can you recommend any good video tutorials?

Cheers
Ollie.

Back