Victron DC to DC charger - draining starter battery ?

Ok Sooooo on closer inspection I had missed the jumpers – it was tiny…

It was set for ‘C’ curve I have now REMOVED the jumper so it is set for ‘D’ curve.

The wiring is correct

Terminals

2 is earth from one of the LB

3 is the thick cable from the starter batt fused 70a both ends

4 is the ignition wire – taken from one of the ign fed circuits under seat, it becomes live when dash lights come on.

5 not used – but upon reading more it says ‘all cables that were originally connected to the LB + terminal should be connected to this Aux input. So does that mean the cable that goes back to the switchboard in the rear of the van should be taken from here???? I have it taken from one of the LB poss terminals. (see page 14 & 15 in manual)

6 connector wire across to 2nd LB fused both ends 60a

7 is the + feed from solar panel

The only thing I was possibly missing is an earth cable from starter Batt to Term 1 but as term 1 &2 are internally connected I didn’t think I needed this?
I have now put an earth from batt neg to Term 1, I haven’t used a seriously thick cable like the poss one feeding the Dcdc. Prob about a third dia (hope that’s ok)

What I am not 100% sure of is the terminal 5, should I be taking the power feed to the ‘Camper’ switch panel from here? Currently I just take it from a poss term of LB – it seems it could be a yes or no really!!

Now to fire it all up.

Measured 13.23v at LB prior to engine start then it read 13.32v so there is power going into LB

I haven’t figured my clamp meter out yet but measured the current between Term 1 & 3 to be 14v it says it should be within .7v so guess I am just in.

The LED light was flashing twice like it should do, haven’t connected solar up yet will do that tomorrow.

Have left fridge and all lights on overnight to drain LB a bit so I can get a good indication its charging ok from DCDC and solar.

Now I had got to this point before but starter batt still went flat, but I have now changed the jumpers and added the neg cable from batt to DCDC

I cant see anything else that could possibly be wrong so I will park it up for a week and see what happends.

Back