Victron Blue Smart to Victron Orion-TR smart on EHU

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Do any of you know if the below is possible/safe?

I want to be able to charge my starter and leisure battery at the same time when on EHU. So my question is can I connect the Victron Blue Smart 12/30 into the 'IN' port on my Victron Orion-TR smart DC DC charger? I think this is possible using the Victron Blue Smart 12/30 and Ctek.

EHU.JPG

A little update on this, Victron came back and said this will work. So I hooked it all up but it doesnt.

The EHU charges the starter battery but not the leisure battery.

I am waiting on a response/fix from Victron.

How are you enabling the DC-DC charger? Did you leave the link in so it is automatic (based on start battery voltage) or have you gone to a switched ignition feed? If the latter, then ignition would obviously have to be on for it to charge the leisure battery.

Hi Dilbert, That makes sense as I have the H pin connected to a switched live. Is there a way round that in the settings?

Just tested it with the ignition on and it charges both batteries.

Remove the wire you have to the H connection. Then bridge out the L and H connections; i.e. how it is supplied and shown in your image above.

It is then in automatic engine detect mode. You can use the Victron Connect app to make adjustments.

Not sure it will trigger the DC to DC charger correctly by default if the starter battery is in float charge. You will need to check the engine detect voltage parameters. All the information is in the manual.

Back