Vibration rectified, might interest someone?

Ronnie Remo

I took my T6 Kombi in to have it's missing armrests installed today (Don't ask ha) and while I was dropping it off I mentioned a vibration noise I had between 1600-2000 rpm seemingly around the dashboard front area, it was at it's peak around 1800rpm.
I thought they might think I'm the usual nutter but they have just delivered the van back to me and finally I got my armrests :), but they found the vibration to be a Fuel and brake line vibrating which they have now insulated and it has fixed the issue. There was a note on their system which lead them to the vibration so good to know I'm not a nutter listening to his Van with a stethoscope and other people have had the same issue.
Also pleased that they threw a bucket of water over it and hoovered it out!
Took a while but they made me smile today.
God I 've missed those armrests

Thanks for sharing the info may well come in handy for others will the same issue

The armrests fell off?!

Glad it's sorted; I winced at the "wash" bit too but if you're happy with it, all good.
Being a bit OCD about cleaning/paint can sometimes be a PITA!
Ha hopefully the paint protection it had on it would prevent any issue. BTW I use a yellow sponge on it, well the one time I ever washed it before since March 1st! :)

I took my T6 Kombi in to have it's missing armrests installed today (Don't ask ha) and while I was dropping it off I mentioned a vibration noise I had between 1600-2000 rpm seemingly around the dashboard front area, it was at it's peak around 1800rpm.
I thought they might think I'm the usual nutter but they have just delivered the van back to me and finally I got my armrests :), but they found the vibration to be a Fuel and brake line vibrating which they have now insulated and it has fixed the issue. There was a note on their system which lead them to the vibration so good to know I'm not a nutter listening to his Van with a stethoscope and other people have had the same issue.
I've got no armrests too,ronnie . must be catching

Same issue with my 2017 150 BHP Diesel Shuttle. Buzzing resonance above 1500 rpm in all gears. It took 3 warranty visits to the dealer but finally fixed. Two brakes pipes attached to a bulkhead in the engine bay under the windscreen kept popping the cheap clips. The dealer has now removed/refitted the pipes with new clips and I think we're sorted...

In regards to your armrest issue, I picked my new edition up last month and only have armrests on the drivers side not the passengers when I asked why I was told it was because I opted to the leatherette seats...... be interested to know if anyone else has had this? If I knew this I would of stuck with the normal cloth seats..

In regards to your armrest issue, I picked my new edition up last month and only have armrests on the drivers side not the passengers when I asked why I was told it was because I opted to the leatherette seats...... be interested to know if anyone else has had this? If I knew this I would of stuck with the normal cloth seats..

Check your order form, it should specify if the armrests are deleted due to the leatherette. Depending on the spec, the armrests have to be ordered as a separate item, comfort pack?

Getting a washed vehicle back is a ploy so you don't see any scratches because it's wet !!

I can't drive without armrests now. too weird. why should I hold my own arms up when the van can do that for me!

Back