Vibration 1600/2000rpm 140PS DSG

Stummers

I have a T6. 2017 transporter LWB. I have had a vibration since new. Taken the van to dealer 7 times with no success. ( that’s normal they say). The vibration is between 1600/2000 rpm. Sitting on 100kph in 7 gear the van vibrates through the floor. Steering wheel and dashboard. You can’t feel the vibration in the passenger seat. Once you get over 2000rpm then it disappeares. If you take your foot off the accelerator in 7 gear and van goes into glide mode it also disappeares. Can anyone help.

If you‘re asking for a comparison from another owner I think they’ll need to know the engine output (PS) and how much load you are carrying.

Hmm... actually there are four variants of 340 (Nm) engines. Under dash by steering column there is a configuration label. What's the engine code there? Should be one of these CAAC, CCHA, CXHA or CXFA. Engines CCHA and CXFA are equipped with balancer shaft.

Can you deliberately cause the vibration in a lower gear if you try?
Assuming all tyres / wheels have been checked I'd suspect a possible issue with a driveshaft, but if that's the case it shouldn't take 7 visits to the dealer to identify and resolve.

The vibration is in every gear. More noticeable in 5 6 and 7th. 1600 to 2000 rpm. At its worse at 1800 rpm. Once you get over 2000 rpm it smooths out. Thx Steve

2016 T32 140 LWB DSG
The only vibration I get is from the arm rest adjuster - took me a while to find it as I thought it was the seat belt height adjuster!
I’ll have a good listen/feel next time out though, and report back!

I have a T6. 2017 transporter LWB. I have had a vibration since new. Taken the van to dealer 7 times with no success. ( that’s normal they say). The vibration is between 1600/2000 rpm. Sitting on 100kph in 7 gear the van vibrates through the floor. Steering wheel and dashboard. You can’t feel the vibration in the passenger seat. Once you get over 2000rpm then it disappeares. If you take your foot off the accelerator in 7 gear and van goes into glide mode it also disappeares. Can anyone help.
I misunderstood this, I read it to mean that the vibration only happens in 7th gear, which you mention twice.
You have since clarified that it happens worst in higher gears but can be felt in 5th and sixth as well, so the vibration is engine speed related, not road speed related. (That's why I suggested a driveshaft issue, which is now very unlikely)
What dialogue have you had with the dealers? What have they told you, i.e. what have they actually investigated?
In 7 visits have they not told you anything remotely useful?

Sorry for the confusion Dave. The dealers have balanced the wheels twice. They changed the mechatronics on my 3rd visit but it didn’t help. All they keep telling me is that is how they all are ( it’s normal ). Which I disagree with. I took my van to the dealer two weeks ago and FINALLY got a mechanic to say, yes I feel what you’re talking about. He wants me to test drive another T6. ( which they didn’t have in stock). He said he will drive some when they come in for service. I’m going back today to see what they have found out, as I have heard nothing. Hopefully I get some news other wise Iim selling it. If I can. Thx Dave

Sorry for the confusion Dave. The dealers have balanced the wheels twice. They changed the mechatronics on my 3rd visit but it didn’t help. All they keep telling me is that is how they all are ( it’s normal ). Which I disagree with. I took my van to the dealer two weeks ago and FINALLY got a mechanic to say, yes I feel what you’re talking about. He wants me to test drive another T6. ( which they didn’t have in stock). He said he will drive some when they come in for service. I’m going back today to see what they have found out, as I have heard nothing. Hopefully I get some news other wise Iim selling it. If I can. Thx Dave
Interesting that they clearly suspected a wheel balance issue, at least you now have a mechanic recognising that the problem is real, I hope they will make a real effort to identify the cause now. Good Luck!

Drove my T32 140 DSG across town and back this evening.
Definitely no vibration 1600-2k rpm whatever throttle psn or gear!

I have a 140 hp manual and it smooths out at 2000 rpm under that it’s not to good. It’s done it from new so think it’s engine mapping. It’s a euro 5 engine so put up with it got to be better than all the euro6 faults in the long run.I am just having new flywheel and clutch fitted as flywheel has always juddered when cold so will see if that helps. It’s a 2016 with 70000 miles on it.

hello, it will be like reminding the subject again, but I have a similar problem. I looked at the form but couldn't find many answers.
Problem : when I want to move fast , it vibrates at 1800 rpm and it goes away when it reaches 2000 rpm .
but this problem does not happen in slow and quiet usage .
Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

hello, it will be like reminding the subject again, but I have a similar problem. I looked at the form but couldn't find many answers.
Problem : when I want to move fast , it vibrates at 1800 rpm and it goes away when it reaches 2000 rpm .
but this problem does not happen in slow and quiet usage .
Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?
By the way, my vehicle is a 2006 model transporter 5 gears.

I also have this vibration 1600-2000 under acceleration, I was thinking miss fire of injectors or injector loom or could it be the turbo coming up to speed
it would be about the right revs for it to be on the way up!

Back