Ventilation strip in canvas

T6 Fred_16

We bough our campervan last year, not really noticing/considering the implications of the ventilation strip at the front of the pop up roof. This is great in the summer but in the winter the rain just comes through the gaps! Does anyone have any ideas for how we can make any alterations to this, without replacing the full canvas? It would be great if we could Velcro (?) a detachable flap so that we could cover the gap in winter and then remove in summer, but I doubt we can glue Velcro to the canvas material. If anyone has any neat ideas that would be great!

Thanks!

Claire

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

I’ve got the same on a Reimo roof, it hasn’t been an issue. Perhaps because the bathtub roof overhangs a bit.
I think if the wind is blowing hard enough to drive rain in I’d be parking the rear of the van into the wind anyway.
Self adhesive heavy duty velcro strip should secure a flap.

I’ve got the same on a Reimo roof, it hasn’t been an issue. Perhaps because the bathtub roof overhangs a bit.
I think if the wind is blowing hard enough to drive rain in I’d be parking the rear of the van into the wind anyway.
Self adhesive heavy duty velcro strip should secure a flap.
That's helpful to know thank you. We have been keeping the roof down overnight if there has been a chance of rain, particularly if it's windy too, but we didn't get too much chance to test it out over the winter

Back